NAMM 2012 - Page 31 - Jemsite
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #451 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: winston salem
Posts: 18
Re: NAMM 2012

i hear you on the bright colors not for professional musicians, but if thats true, how come one of the most expensive guitars (production line, im not talking about some old guitar that steve vai actually owned) that i have known ibanez to make was the brightest of the bright guitars? bright color price range:
Gio= $139-300 somewhere in there, then it stops. but then it jumps up to like $$4800 for the UV777RE. im pretty sure no teenagers are buying/bought that guitar... just older men who have a lot of money and like steve vai or THE BRIGHT COLORS. and im pretty sure the only older men who would buy the guitar with the very vibrant colors, are older men who will show it off (play i local cover bands, have their own band, etc...).
maybe it is just me.
steinberger95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 12:59 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: England
Posts: 63
Re: NAMM 2012

OKAY GUYS, it was just a joke, I weren't being too serious, just saying there seemed to me that there was a lot of black, it wasn't meant to annoy/offend anyone and wasn't implying that ibanez are doing something wrong, okay? no need to get all touchy, so everyone chill outtt and play somee guitarrrr :P

Although, I do think it would be nice if there were a few more color options on the rg series, but ITS JUST MY OPINION
\Dom/ is offline  
post #453 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 01:14 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 2,150
Re: NAMM 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinberger95 View Post
i hear you on the bright colors not for professional musicians, but if thats true, how come one of the most expensive guitars (production line, im not talking about some old guitar that steve vai actually owned) that i have known ibanez to make was the brightest of the bright guitars? bright color price range:
Gio= $139-300 somewhere in there, then it stops. but then it jumps up to like $$4800 for the UV777RE. im pretty sure no teenagers are buying/bought that guitar... just older men who have a lot of money and like steve vai or THE BRIGHT COLORS. and im pretty sure the only older men who would buy the guitar with the very vibrant colors, are older men who will show it off (play i local cover bands, have their own band, etc...).
maybe it is just me.
Well, to be fair, the bright Jems were in a different time period. I know the 80's are back these days, but maybe not in every aspect! Lol! I think the player-age/market theory is actually a pretty good one for the current color availability. It makes sense, as much as I hate to admit it.
TAorama is offline  
post #454 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 01:34 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,641
Re: NAMM 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama View Post
Continues for a total of 98 lines in 2 posts, and I'm in 1280x800. And your last one was 3 lines.

I was trying to provide an alternate view of the same topic. And I was doing it politely and succinctly. I fail to understand your constant hostility toward people who simply don't agree with you.
So your point is that if I'm not annoyed, I shouldn't be discussing something much more general?

You're obviously fishing here. Give it up. You're every bit as hostile as I am. Point 1 would be J-Custom vs Premium. Point 2 would be everything else you ever post.
GuitarBizarre is offline  
post #455 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 01:43 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 3,683
Reviews: 21
Re: NAMM 2012

\Dom/

It's all good. We're not getting on your case; just pointing things out.

I don't necessarily think bright colors are a flop. I plan on using my Roadflare 20th RG at my next show and I'm an old local guy. hehe!
The 20ths seem to have gone over well but the very next year the RG770DX's seemed to have sat around for a while. I don't think there was anything wrong with those guitars so much as the economy hitting a slow patch like it hasn't seen since the 1930's! I don't think Hoshino saw that coming, nor did they likely see one of the worst natural disasters in moderin times hit their shores. Add in our crap dollar and the problems Japan has faces are almost Biblical! (I would add that they face these trials with admirable virtue, but that's another story entirely.)
To play devil's advocate, there's a makeup endcap at Target that always makes me think of SK. Take that for what you will. Some guys might have a problem playing that guitar out while others don't. If I liked SK like that much I wouldn't give a crap who said what about it. By and large, though, I don't think the general guitar-buying public is keen on buying an SK.
The UV777RE, while a nice guitar, was also a very limited edition. If I were rich and had the coin to drop on it I might go for a guitar like that or many others. All the same, it's meant for a certain type of buyer. Regular production models are made to appeal to the widest variety of people possible.
I can understand what you mean about the features you like being available in boring colors. I realy dig the RG1451 but black and aluminum gray wouldn't be my first choices for colors.
mike570 is offline  
post #456 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 6,518
Reviews: 1
Re: NAMM 2012

Well I just hope that we don't have ANY more hostility in this thread. There isn't any need for it. There aresome very good posts being made on all sides and some very detailed opinions being expessed (and well rationalised) but all this could easily be done in a less emotional way.

If folks cannot post without hostility, let me suggest that members go and make a cup of hot cocoa and surf somewhere else for half an hour until the all consuming rage subsides.
jono is offline  
post #457 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 2,150
Re: NAMM 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
So your point is that if I'm not annoyed, I shouldn't be discussing something much more general?

You're obviously fishing here. Give it up. You're every bit as hostile as I am. Point 1 would be J-Custom vs Premium. Point 2 would be everything else you ever post.
I have no idea what the first sentence in your post means. But I'll say that my point was that you don't have to be so vehemently hateful to everyone you debate with.

Yes, I got defensive in the Premium thread after you jumped up my butt after erroneously categorizing me as an "elitist." My apologies to the forum. As for your Point 2, I challenge anyone to look at my 11-year post history and categorize me as "hostile." Nice try tho.

EDIT - My apologies, Jono. I posted this while you were posting and missed your response. I'm gonna go make some cocoa.

Last edited by TAorama; 01-16-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Missed Jono's post.
TAorama is offline  
post #458 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,740
Re: NAMM 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
. . .To play devil's advocate, there's a makeup endcap at Target that always makes me think of SK. Take that for what you will. Some guys might have a problem playing that guitar out while others don't. If I liked SK like that much I wouldn't give a crap who said what about it. By and large, though, I don't think the general guitar-buying public is keen on buying an SK.
. . .
Well said. I wouldn't want that color on my nails, but I think it looks great on a JEM.

Like you, I love the RFR 20th and really couldn't care what others think of it. I think it's sad that so many people categorize guitars based on their appearance. As in, neon Ibanez guitars for hair metal, Telecasters for country, Strats and Gibson semi-hollows for blues, and on and on. People who think that way are just limiting themselves. Of course it's true that certain designs are suited to particular purposes but they are no way limited to one purpose alone.

Peace

Mike
Hikey Mikey is offline  
post #459 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 02:54 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Berryville, Ar
Posts: 554
Re: NAMM 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinberger95 View Post
i hear you on the bright colors not for professional musicians, but if thats true, how come one of the most expensive guitars (production line, im not talking about some old guitar that steve vai actually owned) that i have known ibanez to make was the brightest of the bright guitars? bright color price range:
Gio= $139-300 somewhere in there, then it stops. but then it jumps up to like $$4800 for the UV777RE. im pretty sure no teenagers are buying/bought that guitar... just older men who have a lot of money and like steve vai or THE BRIGHT COLORS. and im pretty sure the only older men who would buy the guitar with the very vibrant colors, are older men who will show it off (play i local cover bands, have their own band, etc...).
maybe it is just me.
no, not to many kids bought that, it was mostly people in their late 30-40 who listened to vai in the 80's and now had the money for that, and they mostly sit in their bedroom/musicroom/office and they get them out every now and then and play them. Much like the gio series with the kids. Not to many professional musicians bought that.
jimistephen is offline  
post #460 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 04:25 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 668
Re: NAMM 2012

Color debate aside; if you're auditioning for a professional gig in any genre other than some form of metal or a really hard rock group with an RG, be it black, blue, yellow, pink, or sunburst, nine times out of then the band will immediately dismiss you no matter how great your playing is. Going onstage with any "metal" guitar, which whether you like it or not the RG has become labeled as, in a blues group will get you laughed at. I don't agree with it and I certainly don't like it, as my RG20th is my favorite guitar, but if you want to make the money you have to make the sacrifice in principles and bust out the Tele/Strat/ES335/etc..
quiksilverdew is offline  
post #461 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 498
Re: NAMM 2012

So actualy,....we all want neon black guitars!
i think this thread should continue under: "Color & Warfare"
Death.by.G-string is offline  
post #462 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 05:15 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: England
Posts: 63
Re: NAMM 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death.by.G-string View Post
So actualy,....we all want neon black guitars!
i think this thread should continue under: "Color & Warfare"
This made me laugh lol
\Dom/ is offline  
post #463 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 6,518
Reviews: 1
Re: NAMM 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death.by.G-string View Post
So actualy,....we all want neon black guitars!
Actually now that you mention it... I have no idea what a neon black guitar would look like, but i'm fairly sure I need one. But no doubt I'd find some reason as to why Ibanez didn't release it with the right features
jono is offline  
post #464 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,641
Re: NAMM 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Actually now that you mention it... I have no idea what a neon black guitar would look like, but i'm fairly sure I need one. But no doubt I'd find some reason as to why Ibanez didn't release it with the right features
"It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black."

GuitarBizarre is offline  
post #465 of 780 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Sho
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cranbrook, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 163
Re: NAMM 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilverdew View Post
Color debate aside; if you're auditioning for a professional gig in any genre other than some form of metal or a really hard rock group with an RG, be it black, blue, yellow, pink, or sunburst, nine times out of then the band will immediately dismiss you no matter how great your playing is. Going onstage with any "metal" guitar, which whether you like it or not the RG has become labeled as, in a blues group will get you laughed at. I don't agree with it and I certainly don't like it, as my RG20th is my favorite guitar, but if you want to make the money you have to make the sacrifice in principles and bust out the Tele/Strat/ES335/etc..
Solution? Blues metal band. Joking aside. You think if I auditioned for a blues band with my dark blue strat with red mirror pick guard, I wouldn't be dismissed? I think any "metal" look will give you the stink eye.
Sho is offline  
Reply

Tags
jem , namm , swirl

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Jem Classic 59 JEM and Universe Guitars 113 02-11-2012 01:03 PM
Hughes & Kettner NAMM 2012 6fingers Gear and Equipment 8 11-30-2011 09:58 AM
G3 in Australia 2012 metalupya Tours: Going to Shows 1 11-04-2011 01:53 PM
What about the 2012 JEMs... RE ??? mantaworld13 JEM and Universe Guitars 4 05-26-2011 02:08 PM
Friday Humor - 2012 shredmaster Off-topic / Miscellaneous 6 04-23-2010 07:13 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome