Ibanez JEM Forum banner
3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CrossingStar 
#1 ·
:D

Hello,

There is an second hand RG 570 for sale and I was wonderin if some1 could give me some info on it.

Here are the specs
Transparent blue with some sort of flame/quilt
Lo pro edge
Gold hardware
v8+s1+v7 pickups (i think)

Is this a rare model? It is priced at $660 (aussie dollars) if you wanna know the price in U.S dollars just half the amount. I need a second guitar as a backup cause my 520qs is gettin thrashed ( the cosmo black has already worn off the trem). Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Cheers

#2 ·
Hey Cal,

From my catalogues, this could be either an RG570CTTB from the 95 catalogue, or... and RG570GFSVS from 93 but more likely the former.

The CT is believed to be a misprint and should have been GT standing for Gravure Top (basically a photograph of flame maple) These guitars have the AANJ so if the one you're looking at has an AANJ as opposed to an old fender style neck plate, it's more than likely one of these. These guitars also featured a Pau Ferro fingerboard and an Alder body. These guitars had direct mounted pickups with no pickup rings.

The TB stands for Transparent Blue.

The older GF (Gravure Flame) was a more purpley blue and the SVS stands for See through Violet Sunburst. it had a darker bursted edge to the finish and the humbuckers were mounted in rings. The fingerboard was a often a darker rosewood and the headstock did NOT come with the modern tell tale RG series logo under the "swoosh". These guitars had the old bulky neck plate joint at the neck.

I can't but a value on either guitar really as they often are region specific, but I will say that there's a very good condition RG570CTTB for sale near me at £599. However I'm not buying it at that price ;)

Hope that helps somewhat. Oh and I seem to remember our VIP member Kirk had an RG570CT for a while so if he sees this thread he may be able to offer more advice :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.