new to me rg-270 - Jemsite
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
doc

new to me rg-270

i just purchased this guitar and am baffled about what trem is on this thing.it looks to me like an edge{the string block screws are long and the fine tuners sit directly above,but the trem arm looks like the one on the trs-2 with the thumb screw.}?im happy so far picked up cheap at the local pawnshop, came with aroland gk-2a pickup mounted, frets have little wear neck is straight pickups work and it has afloating trem, and thats what i was looking for.this is my first real ibanez please i would like more info on this model and your opinions and experiences with this guitar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 09:42 AM

Re: new to me rg-270

you mean the GRG270? by stock it's an ILT1, which is a renamed Lo-TRS or Lo-TRS II (i'm not sure)?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 09:49 AM

270s have single locking trems, the trs 101 or the 505.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 10:00 AM

That's cool that you got a Roland pickup with it. Do you use a guitar synth?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
doc

Crevis,it says rg-270 C02066400 its a floating bridge.Made in korea.Demiurge, i would like to use a synth but what can i use with this for cheap.right now im just running threw an old rp-100?Anyone had any experiences with this guitar?i want to know what i should be concerned about if anything.thnx for the comments guys.by the way its like a grey metallic color could you tell what that is?HSH pickups.the trems only markings are the Ibanez lettering it doesnt say licensed under floyd rose,no leterring on the block??
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 06:49 PM

Post a pic of the trem, if it hasnt been modded then it should be a 101 or a 505.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
doc

i cant post pictures at the moment maybe in the next couple days.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 06:57 PM

You can use the Roland pickup with their VG-88 (think Variax-meets synth), GR-20 and GR-33 guitar synths (I have the 33- it's pretty good), and Roland also makes a unit that you plug the pickup into and it has a MIDI out which lets you play other MIDI-compatable things (synths, samplers, etc) with the pickup (the VG and GR's also have MIDI outs for that too). There's also a Boss pedal called the Wave Generator that was somewhat of a mini-synth that you could use the pickup with for polyphonic processing.

Tags
boss pedal , floyd rose , locking trems , trem arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode