<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)

Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:14 AM

Reviews: 130

NGD for Race--Long time coming...

So being a fan of the old RG565 AND Laser Blue this was an easy call...

RG565 configuration with a Dimarzio D-Activator in the bridge and an Air Norton S in the neck. Edge Zero with ZPS. Plays and sounds like Angels in choir...

Old 11-23-2012, 08:20 AM

Re: NGD for Race--Long time coming...

I like it!
I've been thinking about getting one.
The only problem is I play my JEMs too much.

Have Fun!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:13 AM

Very nice guitar. Got one a couple months ago and like it a lot.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:44 AM

Reviews: 21

Nice! Awesome score!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:34 PM

Reviews: 4

Race,
Been a longtime man, hope all is well...was wondering if you were going to scoop up one or not...now it's time to grace us with a group shot!!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 PM

Reviews: 2

Yes i like them as well, looks cool and i bet playes nice. What's the retail price in US?
Old 11-23-2012, 09:23 PM

I really rode the fence on this or a premium 920 but with the maple board. So far I've been able to hold off temptation and not bite. I also just got that new to me older S so its easier to hold off but I still want one. Recently though one these also in Laser Blue popped up on my local craigslist. I might make the mistake of calling the guy up to go check it out.

I just didn't want to pay full price for one but if I can get a gently used one for a huge fraction off I might be tempted. Curious to see how you wind up liking this race. I've been hoping for a few more in hand reviews from quality folks but there hasn't been much. Rich shared his thoughts off the ones hes had available to sell and it sounds like these are worth it once some tweaks have been performed. If I can get in on ground floor for alot less it would be tempting to invest the additional money into having a proper setup done with said tweaks maybe.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:10 PM

This thing is the bee's knees. Set up and plays perfectly, stays in tune with Edge Zero with ZPS, and is just a pure joy to play. I got mine brand new, in the box for $625 OTD. Worth every penny. Now going to pick up an S570MQMBBB and have myself a demolition squad of tone. I'll have to change the pickups in the S to something like Super 3 or Norton bridge, Fast Track 1 middle, and either a Super 2, D-Activator neck, or Gravity Storm neck, depending on what ends up in the bridge. Might lean towards Gravity Storm -- I'm a huge fan of the Humbucker from Hell and the GS sounds extremely similar. If I end up putting a Norton in the bridge I MIGHT be able to get away with a Bluesbucker in the neck. That's a great pickup right there. I have an Epiphone LP that has a Norton bridge and Bluesbucker neck and it just SLAYS. I highly recommend experimenting!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:32 PM
(a)

Reviews: 10

That is a really nice guitar - congrats Race!!!

I have been looking at the exact same model on Rich's site...i'd like to buy a guitar from rich and i think that might be the one....I love the color with the maple neck and the EZ trem so it has all the right stuff for my liking...I'm curious about the neck - the wizard III isn't as wide as the necks on the new Jems and RGs - correct? Curious because i actually prefer the older jem and rg necks that arent quite as wide as the new ones...maybe you can post a review - I checked the reviews section and no one has reviewed that model yet. glad you are liking the guitar - I'm a little jealous - but happy for you
Old 11-25-2012, 08:57 AM

Well I called the guy with the Laser Blue one on craigslist. Someone snapped that up already. Oh well. More will eventually wind up on buy/sale/trade forums, craigslist and of course the bay. I'll keep a watchful eye. There will be another good deal down the raod on one. I really wanted the red one anyways over the blue.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Reviews: 18

Tried a red one at guitar center, I was seriously disappointed to find that the fret ends were sharp enough to cut my fingers. Just file those down and you're golden, though!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 AM

Oh, snap... Welcome to the family...

Gigged with it last Friday with a Splawn Quick Rod and a 2x12. Killed it on 1st gear OD2 with the stock pickups, which I just MIGHT leave...

(Y'all know me better than that...)

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM

Reviews: 2

[quote=doriangrey;1209973]That is a really nice guitar - congrats Race!!!

I'm curious about the neck - the wizard III isn't as wide as the necks on the new Jems and RGs - correct? Curious because i actually prefer the older jem and rg necks that arent quite as wide as the new ones...maybe you can post a review.]

I would also like to hear your opinion on the neck,as i also find neck's not so wide to be better to play.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 AM

The necks are not as wide (or at least don't FEEL as wide) as the original Wizard necks, and they have a little more meat to them as well. Overall VERY sonically solid and comfortable to play.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 AM

Nice,was debating on the RG3XXV but chose the RG2XXV yellow instead.

Tags
ibanez, ngd, race, racerevlon, rg3xxvlb

Show/Hide Posting Rules