NGD Ibanez GRG250DXB Vivid Orange - Jemsite
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

NGD Ibanez GRG250DXB Vivid Orange

My First Ibanez. Bought it about 2 weeks ago from Gallins Musician Pro Store over here in Australia for $400 (down from $500)
She's definitely the most beautiful thing I have ever owned.
First song I ever played on it was 'Flying in a blue dream'... well, the bits I can play anyway.

All photos (paste into browser, I can't post links yet):
s827.photobucket.com/user/nandrewsify/library/Ibanez%20GRG250DXB%20VOR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 12:40 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: NGD Ibanez GRG250DXB Vivid Orange

congrats on your first Ibanez!!! hopefully there are many more in your future! nice song to break her in with
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 12:42 PM

Another congrats to you on first Ibanez. It's a great company that offers, well, everything!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

I'd been looking at that specific guitar for the whole time I've been playing (5 months give or take). The tremolo opens up so many more avenues of creativity, and adds a completely new dimension to playing songs for me.

So far, Ibanez have held up their reputation. It sounds great, it looks great, everything about it is amazing. Best $400 I have ever spent, haha.

My next guitar will definitely be ibanez. I am thinking of a Schecter 7 string, unless I can find a cheaper, but still good quality 7 string ibanez second hand.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandrewsify View Post
I'd been looking at that specific guitar for the whole time I've been playing (5 months give or take). The tremolo opens up so many more avenues of creativity, and adds a completely new dimension to playing songs for me.

So far, Ibanez have held up their reputation. It sounds great, it looks great, everything about it is amazing. Best $400 I have ever spent, haha.

My next guitar will definitely be ibanez. I am thinking of a Schecter 7 string, unless I can find a cheaper, but still good quality 7 string ibanez second hand.
Congrats on joining the Ibanez family

They dont look that great but the Iron Label 7 strings are REALLY nice. I tried out the RG, but they sounded great. I recommend the S series version though because the RG has active pickups with a kill switch (used in more so-called "modern" metal genres) so I prefer the S series Iron Labels. If you wanna wander into the Made in Japan market, forget the 7 strings and get yourself a prestige Prestige 7 strings can get expensive, so that's why I say get a 6 string if money may be an issue.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

I probably won't buy a seven string brand new unless I can find a good deal. The only reason I need one is because our lead guitarist will be using one, and so for me (rhythm guitar) to stay in tune I'll need a seven string (apparently). I found a brand called Rees on eBay. They're probably not great quality, but for $380AUD and it has a floyd rose, I'm not too fussed. Unless I suddenly get lots of money, then I'll go Jem or Uv, haha
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandrewsify View Post
I probably won't buy a seven string brand new unless I can find a good deal. The only reason I need one is because our lead guitarist will be using one, and so for me (rhythm guitar) to stay in tune I'll need a seven string (apparently). I found a brand called Rees on eBay. They're probably not great quality, but for $380AUD and it has a floyd rose, I'm not too fussed. Unless I suddenly get lots of money, then I'll go Jem or Uv, haha
congratz on that beauty! that looks really cool!, but, dont go floyd in a seven strings, if a set up for a 6 takes time, on a 7 is way worse, if u go new, go for a schecter, hell, even a ltd m-17 isnt that bad, if u go used look for an rg7320(or an rgd7420), they are a really nice bang for the buck

Tags
gio , grg250dxb , ibanez , ibanez rg , ngd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode