Post pics of your own Custom modded Ibanez. - Page 2 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 09-24-2003, 07:13 PM

Very nice.

I'm looking for inspiration for my new project.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:53 PM

hi guys, here's my Ibanez RG570 in a all purple job. all purple dimarzio pickups and purple knobs sets too! check it out.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...91860373QhdeMh

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...91860535BfzxLF

by the way, can't seemed to upload the pic using the BBcde Img tag. anyone can help me with it? i've got them in webshot community.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:44 AM

Hey that all purple 570 looks ace my friend - well done.
I may even consider that for a future project!

Old 09-26-2003, 04:33 AM
Banned

!! the purple 570 looks killer!
I think I might do something to my 520QS too...
after looking at the purple 570 I have some ideas in my head...
hey thanks jwai! good job!
-Sam-
Old 09-26-2003, 04:55 AM

THANKS guys!! i never really know people will come to appreciate it, i thought it looked too "purplish". i actually intended to make it to a ll purple JEM modification and have LGM guitars to do either a purple dot inlays or purple vine-inlays but, i'm just short of cash now. i'm extremely satisfied with it now. thanks guys for the comments!! it definitely made me excited to further modify my other guitars!!! THANKS
Old 09-26-2003, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai
hi guys, here's my Ibanez RG570 in a all purple job. all purple dimarzio pickups and purple knobs sets too! check it out.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...91860373QhdeMh

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...91860535BfzxLF

by the way, can't seemed to upload the pic using the BBcde Img tag. anyone can help me with it? i've got them in webshot community.
Nice guitar dude!

It is not possible to upload pics directly from pages like webshots, there is a sort of restriction going on. You have to send the link, direct imaging is not possible (for shame )
Old 09-26-2003, 03:29 PM

Last edited by Kim Stenberg; 11-25-2007 at 04:41 AM..
Old 09-26-2003, 04:07 PM

Wow Kim.............that is sweet!!!!!
Old 09-26-2003, 04:12 PM

nice color!!! sweet!! well done...
Old 09-28-2003, 06:42 PM

http://www.exoticglass1.com/someofmyguitarwork.htm
the tiger stripe guitar was one of my first about 15-16 years ago, its a solid maple body and was something else to shape. i keep it around incase a burglar breaks in and i'll wack him with it, its very heavy. the blue guitar was made about 12 years ago, its made from a solid piece of mahogany like the blank in one of the pictures. i bought a 12' plank of mahogany in 1988 and have been building a few guitars with it since. i actually picked it up in my 87 iroc and broke the winshield getting it home and took two people to get it out. its hard to find a solid plank thats not two or three pieces glued together and this is my last piece. the guitar is painted a lexus color(don't remember the name). the green monster was one i built with some of that mahogany, its a neck through design and has black binding on it, it was setup with the ibanez edge bridge and was one of the first guitars i painted without using a sealer. i used a green stain on the wood and when it was cleared the clear blushed, really bad on the back. i have a rg570 that i will be doing the top in carbon fiber that i'll post pics when its done and i'm also using the last plank to build a guitar based on the jpm model but it will have 1/4" book matched flame maple top on the magogany body with a jpm neck that i'm trying to get.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:03 PM

Just a pickguard (thanks EKG) soon duncan JB & Jazz PU's

http://www.pbase.com/image/21778129/original
Old 09-28-2003, 11:37 PM
(a)

Here's a few pic's of my "blacker than black" '03 RG1550BK, customized with the neck from a RG3120.

These were the pic's the original owner took before he sold it to me. (It still had the plastic on the guard and rear cover plates) He bought the 1550 brand new, took it out of the box, swapped the neck and put it on ewebay. Since then, I've dropped in a set of Evos and changed the cover on the S1 to a nice shiny black instead of the original flat black with the S1 stamp.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:07 PM

Suggestion. Pearl or mirror pickguard to accent that black color

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamJem7
Here's a few pic's of my "blacker than black" '03 RG1550BK, customized with the neck from a RG3120.

These were the pic's the original owner took before he sold it to me. (It still had the plastic on the guard and rear cover plates) He bought the 1550 brand new, took it out of the box, swapped the neck and put it on ewebay. Since then, I've dropped in a set of Evos and changed the cover on the S1 to a nice shiny black instead of the original flat black with the S1 stamp.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:10 PM

Not much of a mod but kinda neat anyway..

[img]http://w1.236.comhem.se/~u23605314/****.jpg[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 11:07 AM

Not being mean but, was that guitar left in a basement for a couple of years??

Tags
abalone dots , access neck joint , air guitar , air norton , air norton combo , alder body , andy summers , angled jack , bass response , basswood body , beautiful guitar , bfp neck , black headstock , black pickguard , blaze neck , blaze pickups , block inlays , bobbin toppers , breed bridge , breed neck model , bridge hum , bridge humbucker , bridge pickup , bridge position , bridge pup , cavity cover , chris woods , christopher woods , chrome hardware , chrome knobs , clear coat , cliplock strap , coil mode , coil pickup , coil split , coil splitting , coil tap , control knobs , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , cottam guitars , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom inlays , custom jem , custom modded , custom pickguard , custom shop , custom swirl , dean markley , death metal , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio blaze , dimarzio blaze custom , dimarzio breed , dimarzio breeds , dimarzio chopper , dimarzio cliplock , dimarzio cliplock strap , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolution bridge , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf joe , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dimarzio tonezone , dome knobs , dot inlay , dot inlays , dual sound , duncan distortion , duncan invader , ebony board , edge bridge , edge pro bridge , edge pro trem , edge trem , edge zero , electric guitar , emg active , ernie ball , evo bridge , evo pickups , evolution bridge , evolution bridge pickup , evolution pickups , fede swirl , fender strat , fender telecaster , fire garden , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , floyd trem , frank falbo , frank gambale , fret board , fret inlay , fret maple , frets scalloped , gmc swirl , gotoh floyd rose , gotoh tuners , graphite nut , green dimarzio , guitar body , guitar collection , guitar shop , guitar tech , herc fede , herc swirl , hipshot tremsetter , ibanez collection , ibanez guitars , ibanez hardshell , ibanez jem , ibanez neck , ibanez talman , ibanez usa custom , jem bfp , jem bsb , jem conversion , jem custom , jem dbk , jem pbk , jem project , jem style body , jpm neck , kerry king , killer guitar , korean guitar , left handed ibanez , les paul , lgm guitars , loch ness green , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking tuners , mahogany body , mahogony body , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , matic bridge , mini toggle , mirrored pickguard , modded ibanez , monkey grip , near mint condition , neck angle , neck dimensions , neck humbucker , neck joint , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck position , neck pup , neck shape , neon knobs , paf joe , paf pro , paf pro combo , paf pro neck , paf pro pickups , paf pros , patrick sims , paul gilbert , pearl pickguard , pearloid pickguard , pickguard screws , pickup combo , pickup cover , pickup ring , pickup rings , pickup selector switch , planet waves , pole switch , prestige wizard , pro combo , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro neck , pro pickups , production model , pull coil , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , retainer bar , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , richard fay , richie kotzen , road flare red , root beer jem , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , scalloped fretboard , scalloped frets , schaller trem , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pups , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , sims custom , sims custom shop , sounding guitar , spring cavity , steve morse , steve vai , strat body , strat sound , strat style , style knobs , super distortion , super strat , super wizard neck , swirled body , swirled jem , thrash metal , toggle switch , tone zone , tone zone bridge , trem arm , trem arms , trem studs , tremolo arm , tremolo system , truss cover , truss rod , truss rod cover , truss rods , trussrod cover , tung oil , volume knobs , walnut neck , white pearloid pickguard , white pickguard , wilkinson trem , zone bridge

Show/Hide Posting Rules