Post pics of your own Custom modded Ibanez. - Page 7 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 12-26-2003, 01:41 PM

Reviews: 1
laffing...your dumping on my 'trash-can' pickguard????
actually I kind of like it...and it only cost $2, you have to trust me that the pix don't quite do it justice, and I was going for an 'industrial' look like the BSB, however if I find a nicer trash-can...who knows!!!
Old 12-26-2003, 01:53 PM

that F-hole is insane!!

nice work
Old 12-26-2003, 06:17 PM

That F-Hole is nutty!! Would love one of those, just like a monkey grip.
hehe.
Gary - The.Godfather

Old 12-27-2003, 07:22 PM

My guitar is currently having work done it by the god Herc Fede. It's (or was) an RG1570, I'm getting; black, red and white swirl, matching headstock, clear pick guard and a red vine inlay up the neck. It's gonna look killer. When it get in back in several months a will post pics of this amazing guitar.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:16 PM

Over the last year or so I've moved to nearly exclusively using Ibanez guitars.......kinda scary considering I was always a HUGE ESP/Gibson fan despite the fact I was a huge fan of Steve Vai & Satch. I've recently offed a customised ESP Explorer (pre-lawsuit), & I've a maple-top LTD Edition Ep. Les Paul loaded with EMG's I'm offing in the next week - needless to say my guitar collection is becoming what I've seen some of you call 'Ibanezi'.

My Ibanez collection at the moment includes:

- JS100 transparent red (with Edge Pro bridge, F.R.E.D. + PAF Pro pickups with chrome bobbon toppers; thank you Universal Jems!)
- S470 metallic purple (with White/Purple Evolution Pickups - purple bobbin toppers from Universal Jems, & a Hs-3 single coil)
- RG570 electric blue (maple neck, purple PAF pro in neck, pink Breed in bridge, bluevelvet s/c & a clear pickguard)

I've already spoken ith Jemery from LGM about getting a vine inlay done on the S470 with a 22nd fret inlay - DAMN reasonable price too - just need to gather the essential funds for it.

I had spoken with HERC about getting a Donnie-replica job done on the JS100, but I love the **** outta the transparent red finish.....didn't think I'd learn to love it...but I have, just is WAY too sweet to do anything to. If I can find a beatup black JS100, it's on it's way to him for that.......

I've also got to pick up my Ibanez Talman TCY10 semi-acoustic next week - dunno what way I'm gonna mod that yet - have to see what's possible & what's not...... just loved the heck outta these semi acoustics....

I'll post pics of my guitars once I get my digital camera back from Nikon next week.....

It ain't easy doing guitar mod's in ireland as there's pretty much only 1 place u can go to to get any one item; i.e. ONE store to get DiMarzio's from, ONE store that deals in Ibanez, ONE store that deals in fitting DiMarzios----lucky I bought NONE of my Ibanez guitars here - all came off eBay in one form or another.....the S470 was a parts guitars......I bought the body, neck, parts & pickups for less than $380 ALL brand new including shipping....

Anyone ever heard of doing mods on Ibanez semi-acoustics or acoustics????
Old 01-05-2004, 01:40 PM

Here's mine:

http://members.aol.com/albee1952/forsale/new670.jpg

RG670, Infinity pickups, Lo-Pro Edge trem, mirrored pickguard, all hardware changed from gold to chrome since it matches the pickguard better, pau ferro fingerboard, etc.

- Stray
just_a_stray@yahoo.com
Old 01-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Suspension: Multiple Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_a_stray
Here's mine:

http://members.aol.com/albee1952/forsale/new670.jpg

RG670, Infinity pickups, Lo-Pro Edge trem, mirrored pickguard, all hardware changed from gold to chrome since it matches the pickguard better, pau ferro fingerboard, etc.

- Stray
just_a_stray@yahoo.com
you dont play it much huh? my fret board looked like that when i got it too all dry looking but now its got my wet from long hours on it and its more mapley looking...my 570 looks just like yours minus the pickguard..wasnt guitar on ebay?

Old 01-06-2004, 01:18 PM

Yeah, it was on eBay. I just bought it. It hasn't arrived yet, so no, I don't play it much. But rest assured, it will get played. Quite a bit.

- Stray
just_a_stray@yahoo.com
Old 01-06-2004, 02:46 PM

hmmm i have to ibanez that u could call "modded"

a js1000 witha js90th neck

and an rg1527 witha stuck on picasso graphic, i was super scepticle but it came out realy well.

http://community.webshots.com/user/stu_disassociative1
Old 01-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by disassociative1
hmmm i have to ibanez that u could call "modded"

a js1000 witha js90th neck

and an rg1527 witha stuck on picasso graphic, i was super scepticle but it came out realy well.

http://community.webshots.com/user/stu_disassociative1
i like the jem7dbk
Old 01-16-2004, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlowChemical
Over the last year or so I've moved to nearly exclusively using Ibanez guitars.......kinda scary considering I was always a HUGE ESP/Gibson fan despite the fact I was a huge fan of Steve Vai & Satch. I've recently offed a customised ESP Explorer (pre-lawsuit), & I've a maple-top LTD Edition Ep. Les Paul loaded with EMG's I'm offing in the next week - needless to say my guitar collection is becoming what I've seen some of you call 'Ibanezi'.

My Ibanez collection at the moment includes:

- JS100 transparent red (with Edge Pro bridge, F.R.E.D. + PAF Pro pickups with chrome bobbon toppers; thank you Universal Jems!)
- S470 metallic purple (with White/Purple Evolution Pickups - purple bobbin toppers from Universal Jems, & a Hs-3 single coil)
- RG570 electric blue (maple neck, purple PAF pro in neck, pink Breed in bridge, bluevelvet s/c & a clear pickguard)

I've already spoken ith Jemery from LGM about getting a vine inlay done on the S470 with a 22nd fret inlay - DAMN reasonable price too - just need to gather the essential funds for it.

I had spoken with HERC about getting a Donnie-replica job done on the JS100, but I love the stuff outta the transparent red finish.....didn't think I'd learn to love it...but I have, just is WAY too sweet to do anything to. If I can find a beatup black JS100, it's on it's way to him for that.......

I've also got to pick up my Ibanez Talman TCY10 semi-acoustic next week - dunno what way I'm gonna mod that yet - have to see what's possible & what's not...... just loved the heck outta these semi acoustics....

I'll post pics of my guitars once I get my digital camera back from Nikon next week.....

It ain't easy doing guitar mod's in ireland as there's pretty much only 1 place u can go to to get any one item; i.e. ONE store to get DiMarzio's from, ONE store that deals in Ibanez, ONE store that deals in fitting DiMarzios----lucky I bought NONE of my Ibanez guitars here - all came off eBay in one form or another.....the S470 was a parts guitars......I bought the body, neck, parts & pickups for less than $380 ALL brand new including shipping....

Anyone ever heard of doing mods on Ibanez semi-acoustics or acoustics????
Told u guys I'd get pictures up!!

The purple S470 is called 'Heranhi', the blue RG570 is called 'Cerys', the Les Paul is called 'Tiger Lilly' & the JS100 is caled 'Sonia'.

Any feedback etc etc is welcome.....
Old 01-16-2004, 09:56 PM

the s is one fine looking guitar, the curtains are kinda kooky
Old 01-17-2004, 11:35 AM

What's scarier is I wanna use material left over from the curtains on a JEM copy I plan on building - LMAO....
Old 01-17-2004, 12:42 PM

LOL

I thought I'd post something myself too. One the first two there are only minor mods. If the deeplinks don't work try this:

http://www.freewebs.com/anders_desti...ofguitars1.htm

The RG2820 in the front has got white TZ/AN pups

The RT650 in the back I removed the maple veneer top, the look is sanded natural alder now (I'm going to put tusk oil on it). I'm going to mod that baby on, as I'm planning to put a stoptail on it and get custom inlays (that will take some time, as the first step already took half a year)

This guitar is one for the ages: It belongs to a friend of mine (Sorry Janno, I had to share ). It's a modded RG527 that has gotten EMG's, a Giger Graphic airbrush and mirroring inlays. It's THE BOMB, and the action is about 1mm

Old 04-07-2004, 08:57 AM

Not much visual mods, mainly performance orientated mods here. >$370 worth of parts on a $350 guitar - MIJ 470.

Fatfinger. Replacement 2TL1BR43 as the original 470 nut crapped out

Top to bottom; Full Shred, JB Jr., Duncan Distortion, Original Floyd Rose

Rockinger Blackbox tremsetter

DIY 7-fret scallop job, can also see DIY rolled fretboard edges

More OFR pics

Full guitar shot

Sheilded electronics cavity, with Oak Grigsby switch, CTS pots.

Basically, the following has been done to the axe:
-Rolled fretboard edges, 7 fret scallop, unfinished back of neck
-New pickups (Duncans)
-OFR, proper locking nut, Rockinger Blackbox tremsetter
-New electronics (USA made)

Theres probably some other stuff that I've left out, as this has been an ongoing project for the last 1 1/2 years

Tags
abalone dots , access neck joint , air guitar , air norton , air norton combo , alder body , andy summers , angled jack , bass response , basswood body , beautiful guitar , bfp neck , black headstock , black pickguard , blaze neck , blaze pickups , block inlays , bobbin toppers , breed bridge , breed neck model , bridge hum , bridge humbucker , bridge pickup , bridge position , bridge pup , cavity cover , chris woods , christopher woods , chrome hardware , chrome knobs , clear coat , cliplock strap , coil mode , coil pickup , coil split , coil splitting , coil tap , control knobs , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , cottam guitars , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom inlays , custom jem , custom modded , custom pickguard , custom shop , custom swirl , dean markley , death metal , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio blaze , dimarzio blaze custom , dimarzio breed , dimarzio breeds , dimarzio chopper , dimarzio cliplock , dimarzio cliplock strap , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolution bridge , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf joe , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dimarzio tonezone , dome knobs , dot inlay , dot inlays , dual sound , duncan distortion , duncan invader , ebony board , edge bridge , edge pro bridge , edge pro trem , edge trem , edge zero , electric guitar , emg active , ernie ball , evo bridge , evo pickups , evolution bridge , evolution bridge pickup , evolution pickups , fede swirl , fender strat , fender telecaster , fire garden , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , floyd trem , frank falbo , frank gambale , fret board , fret inlay , fret maple , frets scalloped , gmc swirl , gotoh floyd rose , gotoh tuners , graphite nut , green dimarzio , guitar body , guitar collection , guitar shop , guitar tech , herc fede , herc swirl , hipshot tremsetter , ibanez collection , ibanez guitars , ibanez hardshell , ibanez jem , ibanez neck , ibanez talman , ibanez usa custom , jem bfp , jem bsb , jem conversion , jem custom , jem dbk , jem pbk , jem project , jem style body , jpm neck , kerry king , killer guitar , korean guitar , left handed ibanez , les paul , lgm guitars , loch ness green , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking tuners , mahogany body , mahogony body , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , matic bridge , mini toggle , mirrored pickguard , modded ibanez , monkey grip , near mint condition , neck angle , neck dimensions , neck humbucker , neck joint , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck position , neck pup , neck shape , neon knobs , paf joe , paf pro , paf pro combo , paf pro neck , paf pro pickups , paf pros , patrick sims , paul gilbert , pearl pickguard , pearloid pickguard , pickguard screws , pickup combo , pickup cover , pickup ring , pickup rings , pickup selector switch , planet waves , pole switch , prestige wizard , pro combo , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro neck , pro pickups , production model , pull coil , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , retainer bar , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , richard fay , richie kotzen , road flare red , root beer jem , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , scalloped fretboard , scalloped frets , schaller trem , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pups , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , sims custom , sims custom shop , sounding guitar , spring cavity , steve morse , steve vai , strat body , strat sound , strat style , style knobs , super distortion , super strat , super wizard neck , swirled body , swirled jem , thrash metal , toggle switch , tone zone , tone zone bridge , trem arm , trem arms , trem studs , tremolo arm , tremolo system , truss cover , truss rod , truss rod cover , truss rods , trussrod cover , tung oil , volume knobs , walnut neck , white pearloid pickguard , white pickguard , wilkinson trem , zone bridge

Show/Hide Posting Rules