Rg350Dx/Ex - Page 3 - Jemsite
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Re: Rg350Dx/Ex

Sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:05 PM

Hey Chef, where did you get the OFR to put in the guitar? I've been looking for one and trying to find the best price. Also, do you know if a licensed one would fit?
post #33 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 08:04 PM

the Edge 3 is great for the price indeed.
post #34 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 09:54 PM

Smile Re: Rg350Dx/Ex

I got my floyd on line and just got another one from ed roman. Shop around there are great deals to be found. I just went on the Floyd Rose site and looked at their spec sheet, then went onto the bay and found a liscensed FR and the specs match up. I would recomend printing off the specs from FR and watching the bay, if the specs match you should be able to get a liscensed FR for around $50.00. chef21
post #35 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 10:41 AM

Hey Chef21, I'm thinking about getting an Original Floyd Rose to put on my RG370DX. You said that the original will definitely fit both the route and the posts of the Edge 3, so I just wanted to know the nut size to get because Ed Roman has 5 different ones up on his website. Also, would you happen to know if a Low Pro Floyd would also fit or is it just the original?
post #36 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 02:36 PM

Hey Lyconxero I think the nut has to do more with the neck you have, you should measure it and go on the Floyd Rose sight and compare. I'm not sure about the low version, it will probably still fit the studs, but may be long for the cavity. Again go on the Floyd Rose site and check out the template for the low. It will give you measurements in inchs or millimeters, and has several different dimensions to look at. Then just measure the cavity on your guitar. chef21 I just got my new Floyd from the Roman store a couple days ago and paid $145.00.
post #37 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 02:58 PM

Thanks for the info, Chef21. How did you get one so cheap from Ed Roman's site? I was JUST there today and the cheapest Floyd was $149.99 in chrome plus 10 dollars shipping. I'm not griping about either price, though. That is still the lowest price I've seen yet for a Floyd Rose AND it's for the original. Most places want to charge you atleast $250 for a licensed Floyd.
post #38 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 03:20 PM

I was in Vegas on business, and went to Romans and picked on up. chef21
post #39 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 04:08 PM

you can actually tighten the tremelo bar on the edge III so it doesn't slide out. there's a hex screw on the bottom of the bridge (just push the trem down and the screw is underneath).

i don't like my edge III though. it never stays in tune. after a dive, it'll come up fine, but when i pull up, and let it go back to the middle, all the strings are almost a note sharp. i have to dive again to put it back in tune. it's return accuracy sucks basically. would it be possible to put some kind of edge (edge, pro, lo pro, whichever fits in an RG the easiest) in an rg350?

Last edited by 3.50; 01-28-2006 at 04:43 PM.
post #40 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 09:18 PM

I wouldn't, theres a lot of routing to do because the Edge and Edge LoPro require some extra routing. OFR is a great trem anyway, and since it retrofits, that would be your best bet IMO.
post #41 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:07 AM

I'm about to buy a rg 350dx this week (as soon as I get payed) and I'm really nervous about it. I know it's a good guitar but I hope it will work as good as I expect. Ok, I'm not thinking of her as the ULTIMATE PLAYING EXPERIENCE, but it's the best I can get for the amount of money that I can spend (besides, I'm looking for a brand new guitar).
So, let me know your opinions, althoug I'm buying it anyway (and after a while I'll put some Dimarzios on it)...
post #42 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:56 AM

Instead of the OFR, you guys should check out the Gotoh Floyd Rose.

Its of higher quality than the OFR... of which, the QC has been going down sadly...

The Gotoh Floyd Rose for chrome, is only 125USD, from places like Universaljems.com

Its got the best trem arm design I've seen ...the knife edges are sharp but its part of the 2mm thick base plate... the saddles are VERY well designed, QC is excellent, all saddles sit nice and tight.

Do consider getting one.

Only issue? The standard Gotoh Floyd comes with a 41mm trem block, a bit too long for Ibanez due to the recessed floyd.... a 36mm block can be ordered from Allparts Japan but it will cost you 25USD more. Why? I have no idea!
post #43 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 05:25 PM

Reviews: 120

I definitely agree on the Gotoh Floyd Rose. with regards tp the trem block, don't forget if you've got the tools you could always cut it down a little from the top so that it fits in the guitar as well. When I built my custom RG I just made sure the body was a little thicker so I didn't have to worry about it!
post #44 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 05:50 PM

The 350DX is fine for the money, but having just had a bit of a look at guitar.com.au (Brisbane shop which seems to have about the best Ibanez prices locally), the 350 lists at $786AU, whereas the 2550 lists at $1576AU - yep, okay that's almost exactly double the price, but it has DiMarzio Pickups and the Edge Pro as standard. Here downunder in the land of high priced accessories, a Dimarzio or Duncan Humbucker generally lists at about $220 - $250AUD, a single coil about $80AUD, and an Edge Pro? well I'd guess at somewhere around $400 - $450AUD - so if you want to upgrade the 350, pretty soon you will have spent more than it would have cost to buy the 2550 in the first place - just my opinion of course, but worth thinking about.

Cheers

David
post #45 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 06:06 PM

I agree, if you don't watch what your doing you could end up spending more on mods than a new higher end model would cost. I bought my 350dx at ********... as a B stock, (it already had the stress cracks at the neck joint, but that was the only thing wrong with it) and I only paid $320.00, I got my pups from eric's guitars at a really great price, and got the floyd on the bay cheap. So I didn't end up paying that much overall. Plus you get the custom guitar you want. Mine doesn't look like any one elses. chef21

Tags
air norton , air norton combo , allen wrench , base plate , basswood body , bridge position , custom guitar , death metal , deluxe strat , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , edge iii trem , fender strat , floyd rose , gauge strings , gold knobs , gotoh floyd rose , guage strings , mexican strat , monkey grip , neck binding , neck joint , neck screws , pickup combo , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , scratch plate , seymour duncan , strat style , string breakage , string saddle , trem arm , trem block , trem guitar , tuning pegs , wizard prestige , wizard prestige neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode