Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Rg350ex wiring upgrade question.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mrjakob69 
#1 ·
Hi there guys, i bought an rg350ex about 2 months ago in mint condition for 135 bucks off a guy who needed the money. up until then i had been an avid i mean avid Jackson fan, now my custom dinky hangs on the wall collecting dust. Anyways i digress i was perusing thought that ever popular online auction site that we must leave unnamed and i stumbled across an interesting auction. It was an auction for Tone Control Upgrade Kit for Ibanez JEM Prestige RG. which got me interested so i investigated a little deeper. That auction was for, 1 - Genuine Sprague 0.022uf 400v ORANGE DROP 225P Polyester Film type capacitor for your Tone Pot and 1 – High Precision Silver Mica Bleed Capacitor for your Volume Pot. This peaked my interest because i am a custom man at heart and like to have something different from the rest. I sent the seller a message asking him if there new fangled capacitors would work with my rg350ex and after a lot of writing back and forth he told me yes, now i believe him and i purchased the capacitors. my understanding is that these are the capacitors used on the jem and i should be able to get more tone and keep better mids and highs at lower volumes with these new capacitors. the stock volume pot on the rg350 does not have any capacitor tho i have been assured it will work. now my question, will it? and also has anyone done a similar capacitor change up? and if so how did it work? and is there a place i can learn more about this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.