<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)

Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:34 AM

Angry

RG770 DX Reissue

Hi all, you would think that after all of these years of being ripped off blind here in Australia that I would be used to this sort of thing by now. Can someone explain to me how come the new RG770DX reissue ends up $3000.00 AUD?? Our dollar has never been stronger, currently about 95-97c to the US dollar - nearly 1 for 1, so even allowing for outrageous shipping costs and some dealer mark-ups (ha... have I answered my own question I wonder?) how does a guitar with a list price of $1700USD and I have seen outlets, online avertising it for just over $1200, end up costing $3000AUD?????? at best this should cost around $2K, maybe a little more, but this is just a blatent rip-off. When the Aussie dollar was down in the 50 - 60 cents per US dollar we (kind of) accepted this - whats the excuse now and just a thought, imagine the price if our dollar was only worth what it was a few years ago.

Anyway, Im finished my rant for now!!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:43 AM

Re: RG770 DX Reissue

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f22/pr...ies-79666.html
Old 07-22-2008, 04:48 AM
(a)

Reviews: 25

Dude
I hear ya
its a load of crap, and I say boycott Australian music stores until they get their **** together.

I have obstained from buying anything from Australia. If your a smart man take a trip to lovely thailand go to the music district in bangkok, buy from the official Ibanez store which has 100's of amazing hard to find models, for a fraction of the cost and you get a holiday out of it.

The Satriani is gona cost around 10 to 12 grand in Australia. What a laugh ....
Old 07-22-2008, 10:34 AM

Thanks DaveyH for the link, I didnt really search for a similar thread, although its hardly suprising that Im not the only one steamed up about this blatant ripping off we are forced to endure down under - I think that we begrudgingly accepted this when our dollar was so low in comparison to the US dollar, but thats not the case anymore and buying things off the bay has blown the lid off the good old "oh its the shipping mate" to explain the grossly inflated prices here. Why am I so steamed up about this? - I have secretely dreamed of a reissue of the 770, a Lazer Blue model would really do it for me, I am even one of the rare bunch that prefers the Square heel as opposed to the AANJ, but the price is ridiculous. It makes most of us (almost) cry to see the retail prices in the US - want a Mesa Road King - yours for a mere $7795.00 - no, thats not a misprint, fancy a Triaxis - $4895. This is the crap we have to put up with. A guitar from Rich is looking really good at the moment. P.S thanks for the tip IbanezFreak777, sounds like a plan and I agree about boycotting the stores, to quote the great Ozzy Osborne " I like to be kissed when I'm being f**ked" and we are being royally screwed!

Rock On
Old 07-22-2008, 03:55 PM

Prices are shocking. The UK isn't much better, if that's any consolation.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Banned

They looked awesome at the summer namm, played really good.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:10 AM

Amazing , i was thinking here in France we were really screwed up on the price and stock, like the Dimarzio Pickup extreeeeeeeeemly over priced here (120euros each pickup imagine in Dollars i can get a FULL SET!!! In any color i want!!! ) and only available in black, if you want zebra, cream or white it's so hard to find and i don't talk about the other color they don't exist at all... but finally i can see it's a pain in the ass by just looking how much anything related to music cost in australia...

Sorry for the bad English long time without practicing.

PS: And if someone have an idea how i can buy DM pickup from U.S.A (i want my Green paf pro!! =( ) please P.M.

Johann
Old 07-25-2008, 02:11 PM

Hey, your English is very good. Easily understandable.

Regarding the green PAF Pro from the USA, I'm pretty sure someone around here would help you to buy one. If you have a PayPal account this would help. I've been helped by a couple of the guys here, they have shipped me various guitars, DVD's etc. Stick around and ask an established Jemsite member. You'll find most people here are helpful and friendly.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:47 PM

Reviews: 130

Hey Dee--long time--you ever use that white Tone Zone I sent you? I actually got a nickel-covered one in an Epi Les Paul and it sounds pretty good. I've got a deposit down on the re-issue 770DXRR that will complete my set of LB, VM, and RR. Did they make the 770DX in any other color?

Cheers,

Race
Old 08-08-2008, 12:34 PM

Bob! Wow, where you been?! Hope all is well. The white TZ ended up in my girlfriend's Strat copy and it sounds great, it totally transformed the guitar. I wanted to use it in the 550 it but it looked weird with one white pickup and also it wasn't F-Spaced, unfortunately.

You mean did they make the reissue in any other colour? They made those in red and blue only. The originals also came in black, I think. I could be wrong and maybe only the 670DX was made in black. Not sure, I'd have to check the catalogs.

Nice to see you man.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost_Human View Post
...whats the excuse now...
The excuses haven't changed. I've recently been told that it's both the shipping and exchange rates, both of which are bull**** as we all know. The answer is simply profit.

I recently wanted to buy a JS1000 ($3500 list price) and the best price I was given was $2700. I contacted Ishibashi and they would deliver it to my door for $1500 ($160 of that is air freight, so that excuse is removed). After GST and duty it worked out to roughly $1800 at the end. I'd love to support my local store as I've known them for years, but I'm not throwing away nearly $1000 just because I like them.

The last guitar I bought from them was a 2027xvv for $1700 as it had a small ding on the back edge. That was under half the sticker price and they still made money on it.

It's not just music retailers though. I collect graphic novels and Borders wanted $42.95 for one of them despite the printed US price stating $14.95. When I asked they also claimed shipping and exchange rates. They have their stuff shipped by boat.

Not long ago I was in a Kollectable Kaos store and they still had a sign by their comics displaying the exchange rate. Basically it's a list that says: $1US = $2AU ... $2US = $4US etc.

I run a retail store so I understand that we need to make a living, but I can't bring myself to **** people over the way some stores do in this country.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:31 AM

Only the 670DX came in black.

The 770DX came in Ruby Red for the first year then Candy Red. They look like the same colour with a different name?

Laser Blue and Violet Metallic were the only other colours.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:20 AM

Your not the only one pissed of my friend, everyone of us is. Your better off makeing a contact online and buying your gear from someone like Rich, who will help you out and will slash prices on everything. Dont pay the stupid $4999 for a JEM that AUS dealers expect pay the $2500-$2600 from Rich!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:28 AM

That's insane! I feel for my Aussie Ibanez friends! What is REALLY crazy is how much money music stores make from the sale of Ibanez guitars. For many stores, the Ibanez line is what pays the bills because the cost to purchase the guitars from Ibanez is fairly inexpensive. Ibanez guitars are usually marked up 40, 50, sometimes 60% above what the dealer has paid for the guitar. So, the Ibanez guitar that is in the music store and is being sold for $2kUS, probably cost the dealer somewhere between $900US-$1200US.

So to charge these outrageous prices in Australia and the UK is crazy!

Somebody is making a lot of money and it isn't the Ibanez fan!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:54 PM
(a)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRGFever View Post
That's insane! I feel for my Aussie Ibanez friends! What is REALLY crazy is how much money music stores make from the sale of Ibanez guitars. For many stores, the Ibanez line is what pays the bills because the cost to purchase the guitars from Ibanez is fairly inexpensive. Ibanez guitars are usually marked up 40, 50, sometimes 60% above what the dealer has paid for the guitar. So, the Ibanez guitar that is in the music store and is being sold for $2kUS, probably cost the dealer somewhere between $900US-$1200US.

So to charge these outrageous prices in Australia and the UK is crazy!

Somebody is making a lot of money and it isn't the Ibanez fan!
Please restrain from posting things you know nothing about. A 25% margin is about the most any US dealer can expect or hope for on regular production guitars.

Tags
dimarzio pickup, hoshino usa, tone zone

Show/Hide Posting Rules