<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)

Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:06 AM

Reviews: 3

Re: seller's regret

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
If I remember correctly from past posts, yours was desert red right?? That guitar was amazing!!
Mine was Twilight Blue, but it certainly was amazing. Very quilty top. You may be remembering Mark's.

Yeah, I saw that one. Thanks for the link. I considered selling something to pick her up, but I can be patient. My 3120 and Rectoverb(or Nomad) is my Christmas/Birthday present for this year. It was hard to convince Samantha to not get me anything for Christmas.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:44 AM
(a)

Reviews: 2

"your patience will be rewarded handsomely"- I don't know where that saying came from, but it always turns out to be true. And how lucky we are to have wive's that understand our need play.......... so many cannot say the same. congrats on your (future) Christmas present!! I'm excited for 'ya and wanna see pics when you get it.

Ryc
Old 12-24-2010, 12:08 PM
(a)

I had an RBM1 that had fairly worn frets but was one of the sweetest sounding and playing guitars I've owned. I just LOVED the 22 fret neck on it and the stock bridge pickup was awesome sounding. I had originally bought it because I told myself i would never get my hands on an RBM2NT.

Well one day I got a hold of an RBM2 for a low price for that guitar and then sold the RBM1 off partially to pay for it and partially because I figured why would I want an RBM1 around when I have the real mccoy? I completely regret getting rid of that guitar. The EMG pickups in the RBM2 are just the worst sounding pickups ever. So now I have an expensive RBM2 that just sits around as basically a collectors item.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:41 PM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
"your patience will be rewarded handsomely"- I don't know where that saying came from, but it always turns out to be true. And how lucky we are to have wive's that understand our need play.......... so many cannot say the same. congrats on your (future) Christmas present!! I'm excited for 'ya and wanna see pics when you get it.

Ryc
Thanks man, I'm really looking forward to it. I'd even considered getting an ET custom made, but that wouldn't leave me with any $$ for my Mesa...not to mention it'd have specs that were almost identical to the 3120...
Old 12-24-2010, 04:07 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texshred777 View Post
Thanks man, I'm really looking forward to it. I'd even considered getting an ET custom made, but that wouldn't leave me with any $$ for my Mesa...not to mention it'd have specs that were almost identical to the 3120...
That's Exactly the way I think too. Plus, your accustomed to the 3120. It would have to be a more comfortable fit for 'ya. I say stick with the3120, get your Mesa, and get back to being the "Texas Shredder" that you are!!!!!

Merriest Christmas to you and your family,
Ryc
Old 12-24-2010, 04:09 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
I had an RBM1 that had fairly worn frets but was one of the sweetest sounding and playing guitars I've owned. I just LOVED the 22 fret neck on it and the stock bridge pickup was awesome sounding. I had originally bought it because I told myself i would never get my hands on an RBM2NT.

Well one day I got a hold of an RBM2 for a low price for that guitar and then sold the RBM1 off partially to pay for it and partially because I figured why would I want an RBM1 around when I have the real mccoy? I completely regret getting rid of that guitar. The EMG pickups in the RBM2 are just the worst sounding pickups ever. So now I have an expensive RBM2 that just sits around as basically a collectors item.
That's pretty much how I feel about my RGT3120......... If I could find my old RGT42, I'd pay double what I got for it just to have it back home again.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:28 PM

Here're some placeholder wallpaper images until I get some photos of my new minty '87 Blue Burst.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post

the middle p'up went dead in mine & i ended up replacing all w/seymours (hot rails-n duckbucker-m dimebucker-b) and ended up with 1 hella guitar. especially after i rigged the rbm2nt strap button style (point of upper horn) by sculpting a cheapo plastic oversized "locking" button to act as the mounting point for my real button. the guitar sits perfectly now (tended to be head heavy...).
p.s. my frets r worn also, will have to get-r-done at some point. 'til then, pure nickel strings only...
Old 01-22-2011, 05:46 PM

Nice to see you are still around Ash
Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post
Nice to see you are still around Ash

Thanks, Dragsternj. I took a vacation to Gibson for a couple of years but the Ibanez itch is too great to ignore.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:22 PM

It's still popping up
http://www.blocket.se/kronoberg/Gita....htm?ca=11&w=3
Old 07-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danix View Post
That's wild. I'd maybe buy it back if I could read that page. What language is that?

Old 07-02-2011, 09:35 AM

i used to own this 550PN. two years ago sold it to a 16 year old kid.

it was all original ibanez, 1992 AANJ with V7 and V8. and then the kid drilled and put a sustainer. then he pulled out the sustainer and put in a railed dimarzio. the sustainer switches and extra knob is still intact.

why cant he just do the mods to cheaper RG? now he is SELLING it! no, i wont take her back. of course that the kid could do anything what he like to his property. but these screwing up mods?!

PS: the pic on the right when it was mine. the left pic is today's condition

Last edited by infinity; 07-02-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: correction
Old 07-02-2011, 09:58 AM
(a)

Well I rectified my RBM1 mistake just recently.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:17 AM

I had a Giannini AWKN-6 that some one gave me and need the money and got rid of it for like $150, I could kick my self now.

On a side note Jimmy Page wrote and recorded Stairway to Heaven on a 12-string version of this.

Tags
540r, radius

You may also search for:

Show/Hide Posting Rules