Ibanez JEM Forum banner

The neck on Ibanez RG5** - The Wizard Neck....

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MrNiceguy87 
#1 ·
I´m wondering about the neck, is it good for people with small or big hands???
My hands are extremely small, would the Jumbo frets or the thin neck make it hard to play for me??
I may be buying a used RG550EX(SD) this week. I have tried one with the same neck but that was for about 2 minutes, it felt fine but since my hands are extremely small (as I said) will it be hard to play??

#2 ·
The neck on Ibanez RG5**

You know, it depends a lot. Wizard necks are very thin (it makes them VERY fast) and have a 43mm Nut Width. Nut Width is is the distance across the top of the fretboard. This also determines the space between individual strings. It makes a lot of difference on the neck. Big hands are more relaxed on a roomy board. Little hands could get lost on a big wide board. If your hands are too small for the neck´s NW, it equates to quicker hand fatigue. I hope this helps. By the way, nice choice. I find the black RG550EX the most beautiful RG.

#3 ·
The neck on Ibanez RG5**

LucasKotzen on 1:42 pm on Feb. 27, 2002
You know, it depends a lot. Wizard necks are very thin (it makes them VERY fast) and have a 43mm Nut Width. Nut Width is is the distance across the top of the fretboard. This also determines the space between individual strings. It makes a lot of difference on the neck. Big hands are more relaxed on a roomy board. Little hands could get lost on a big wide board. If your hands are too small for the neck´s NW, it equates to quicker hand fatigue. I hope this helps. By the way, nice choice. I find the black RG550EX the most beautiful RG.
Ok, the deal I found is on a Silver Sand, but I think it´s pretty nice too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.