<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)

Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:48 AM

Reviews: 7

Re: The S series guitar thread.

Kohtala,
You need to start a business doing this painting for guitar bodies my friend. If you've not already, I'd consider doing this part time at least. Do you have any more bodies that you've painted? If so, please post pics in the appropriate forum and then let us all know. I'm sure everyone would love to see your art work. God speed.
Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohtala View Post
thank you really much feels really warm to read that Daemon, make my Christmas so thank you and musicdr too. this is my hobby i want make some special guitars. i usualy paint guitar and trade it to another but this s seems to be really cool guitar so that why i add metallica one, old metallica is my thing one is main song in my life. it was song that should played my wedding too but my friend chicken in last second
Old 12-26-2012, 12:09 PM

thank you Hoosier, no this is my hobby i love ab but in here in finland people like solid things nothing too fancy or unique i like to make guitars look like they are mine lol
here is link to my home page
http://kohtala.wix.com/mm-airbrush-art
Old 01-03-2013, 04:42 PM

Check my new S. S420-BBS. I set this bitch up and now it rocks my tiny weenie like no other.

Just ordered Crunch Lab + Liquifire in WHITE.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 PM

Old 01-12-2013, 05:17 AM

here is my s570sol all project images

Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 AM

Photos are missing kohtala.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:01 AM

Old 01-12-2013, 10:04 AM

ok now they should show there, first is last other in time line
Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 PM

Here is my 93...

Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 AM

Milpitas:

That's an awesome green color for an Ibby. Looks awesome.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:10 PM

Arigatou gozaimasu Tolkki-San.

She is a great player and I love her feel but not really happy with my pickup choice.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milpitas Monster View Post
Arigatou gozaimasu Tolkki-San.

She is a great player and I love her feel but not really happy with my pickup choice.
i'm an american living in the home of hoshino so u don't have to use japanese if u don't want to lol i do understand it fluently tho

What pups do u have in there right now? Do u have any idea what pups u want to put in there?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 PM

They are the 1st gen Blackouts. My token Active PU guitar. The character of the sound left once the OG passives were transplanted out. That middle one was such a chore to get.

I'm pondering two different sets if and when it is changing time. Both sets would be BKP's.

First one is my safe Internet guitar forum consensus pick which is:
B- Miracle Man
M- sinner
N- Miracle Man

Next one is the out of the box/color outside the lines pick
B- Pig 90 of course in a humbucker guise
M- Trilogy
N- Mississippi Queen
This for a quantum leap from a Gibson SG type of vibe.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milpitas Monster View Post
They are the 1st gen Blackouts. My token Active PU guitar. The character of the sound left once the OG passives were transplanted out. That middle one was such a chore to get.

I'm pondering two different sets if and when it is changing time. Both sets would be BKP's.

First one is my safe Internet guitar forum consensus pick which is:
B- Miracle Man
M- sinner
N- Miracle Man

Next one is the out of the box/color outside the lines pick
B- Pig 90 of course in a humbucker guise
M- Trilogy
N- Mississippi Queen
This for a quantum leap from a Gibson SG type of vibe.
Personally, I'd go with the outside the box pick. People would be like "WTF?!?!" and probably chastise you, but it gives you originality in the sound of your guitar. I always go against what the popular beliefs are. People would call me crazy, but I actually like the sound of Ibby's V7/S1/V8 pups How many people do you know actually use the stock pups on an ibby, unless they are on a high end Prestige or J Custom?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:29 AM

Reviews: 7

I have been wondering what to change my S series pups with, but I like a lot of guys really dig the V series pups in the guitar. They're made or designed by Dimarzio from what I understand. I really like them, but after having so many other pups, it's just hard to decide what I really want on the guitar, and I've fallen in love with the Super 3 on most guitars in the bridge and I also love the PAF pro for clairty, etc,. So it's a tough choice.. I also like the idea of getting different color pups!!!! Killer..
Tim

Tags
access neck joint, air norton, alder body, arm holder, beautiful guitar, body shape, bridge pickup, bridge position, bridge pup, cavity cover, charvel model, chrome hardware, coil pickup, coil tapping, cosmo hardware, custom shop, dave weiner, dimarzio pickup, dimarzio pickups, dot inlay, dot inlays, dual rectifier, edge bridge, edge trem, edge trems, electric guitar, epiphone les paul, eric johnson, evo bridge, evo bridge pickup, fat tone, fender strat, fixed bridge, flamed maple, floating trems, floyd trem, frank falbo, fret access, fret board, fret inlay, fret markers, fret wire, graphite nut, guage strings, guitar players, guitar shop, high frets, ibanez catalog, ibanez guitars, ibanez roadstar, inf pickups, intonation tool, joe satriani, korean guitar, les paul, local guitar center, lock nut, locking nut, locking trems, locking tuners, mahogany body, mahogany guitars, maple fret, maple fret board, maple fretboard, maple neck, mesa amps, mesa dual, music store, neck binding, neck joint, neck pickup, neck pickup tone, neck position, neck pup, neck screws, neck shape, neck thru, palm mute, palm muting, parker fly, pickup combo, pickup ring, pickup rings, pinch harmonics, prestige guitar, prestige guitars, pro edge, pro edge trem, pro edge tremolo, pyramid inlay, pyramid inlays, quilted maple, reverse headstock, richard fay, rosewood board, sharkfin inlays, sharktooth inlay, sharktooth inlays, sounding guitar, steel wool, steve vai, string tension, super distortion, tobacco sunburst, tone zone, trem arm, trem arm holder, trem plate, tung oil, upper fret, upper fret access, van halen, viper neck

Show/Hide Posting Rules