Value of a loaded 540R-LTD body? - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:59 PM

Value of a loaded 540R-LTD body?

Considering selling the body of a 540R-LTD I purchased new in the summer of 1991. I need some advice on what I can reasonably ask.

Its in very good condition, considering age... with very minor dings, and nothing wood-deep. Stock loaded, including the original (pop in style) trem, with nut locks, and I will be including the tuners as well. (the neck is toast, and a new bound Ultra with sharktooth inlays and "Custom Made" on the 22nd fret, is over my pay-grade, and very difficult to find).

Thanks for any insight!
k3v
Old 05-29-2011, 01:38 AM

Re: Value of a loaded 540R-LTD body?

Tell us whats wrong with the neck, hopefully with pictures. I've fixed necks that were beyond dead. If you wanted to get a neck to re-sell it you don't need the rare sharktooth Ultra (which I have by the way) The 2nd generation of 540RLTD's had Wizard necks. Those are plentiful from any 540S from that era.

I don't want to make this into a classified thread but you can contact me directly to figure out what can be done with the neck, etc.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:14 AM

Thanks frankfalbo, (PM Sent with neck damage details)... I can't really put my finger on the "why", but I do prefer the Ultra. Its already pretty thin, and if I'm not mistaken, the Wizards have an even thinner profile - When I bought this guitar, I was 23 and all my digits were in equally good shape as I was. I'm 43 now, and my fingers aren't quite so capable as they were then. Being without the Ibanez, I've gotten used to playing some other guitars with much thicker necks, and so playing even the Ultra takes some getting used to.

Another reason is much less rational... I just like having the neck that belongs with the guitar. Call it a desire to return to "the way things oughtta be". If I can get the guitar back to a realistically usable state, I'll probably never want to sell... but if I DO sell, I want to sell in its original state, or as "original" as possible.

I'll probably also look at replacing the bridge with an identical one also, at some point... sweat has eaten away at a surprising amount of material from the top saddle, and there are some other minor issues that might even be fixable by just getting parts... (pop-in trem arm holder, for example)

Old 05-29-2011, 05:01 AM

Reviews: 120

You'd be surprised what you can fix. One of my Wizard necks has broken twice, second time recently, and it was pretty messed up. My dad managed to get it back together with the help of a couple of pieces of dowel, it seems pretty good so far.

Tags
540r , hsh , jewel , radius , ultra neck

Show/Hide Posting Rules