Ibanez JEM Forum banner

ZR trem phase-out?

Tags
zr2 zr_trem
2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Meechy 
#1 ·
So, I was looking through the Ibanez website today and none of the S models seem to have a ZR trem anymore. Is Ibanez abandoning this trem? I kinda liked it.

#2 ·
Another party has a U.S. patent on "Macro tuning" that the ZPS is a violation of (http://www.itcblog.com/wp-content/up...complaint1.pdf). So these have been removed from the U.S. market (other than on the Premiums, where I believe Rich said they were paying the royalty and keeping them as a value-add since they are bumping up against the lower priced prestige now).

So they removed the ZPS from the EZ-II and replaced the ZR/Synchroni-ZR bridges with Edges and Lo-Pro Edges.

#7 ·
It's a shame there are so many 'patent-squatters' out there.
Does the company that owns the patent even manufacture anything based on said patent?
Too many companies just sit on patents and wait for another company to 'violate' their patent just to sue them and/or bleed them for insane royalties.
The patent situation has gotten out of hand. Imagine if someone had patented the steering wheel? Oiy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.