Ibanez JEM Forum banner

87 Kramer Amercian Pacer Holoflash (Hologrid)

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  LynchBox 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have an 87 Kramer Pacer Hologrid I have had since 1990. I am the 2nd owner. I bought it off of my guitar teacher when I needed to upgrade to my second guitar. The guitar is in excellent condition. The hardware and paint is still glossy. There is only 1 small chip in the black on the upper body which I touched up and you can't see it unless your right up on top of the guitar less than 3 feet away. The frets have a ton of life left. I just oiled the fretboard and put new strings on it and set it up. I never play it anymore and I'm considering selling it. It is an American series in which the bodies and necks were actually built by the company that came to be known as ESP in Japan. Kramer just assembled the guitars in Neptune NJ to say they were made in the USA. Most of you know this already. I've been on the Kramer Forum and they don't seem to be as cool as most of the guys on here and no one would help me....300 views to my post and no response other than 1 guy just telling me he would buy it but not telling me a value. I know the Holoflash guitars were very rare even though I don't know how many were made. There is a company that specializes in remakes of the Holoflash called Mean Street Guitars. My guitar is original though. Does anyone have any idea what that guitar could be worth if I was willing to sell it. I don't know if I will yet, but I am considering. Thanks

#7 ·
I sold a Kramer American - roughly the same year - Custom Pacer with flip/flop red finish, it had a few dings on the body, OFR, Duncans. I got $400 Canadian for it. I assume the holoflash will fetch more. Sold it on the bay to a Kramer collector who is part of the kramer forum.

#9 · (Edited)
Yeah, I don't think I'll part with it. I've had it for 17 years and actually remember seeing it when the original owner (my guitar teacher) first bought it in early 1988. I'll never find one in the condition mine is in again. I even still have the allen wrenches on the back side of the headstock. Everything on that guitar is glossy like it was new. When I look back at the history of the 80s Kramers and the big names at the time playing them it makes me just want to hang on it. Hell, even Satch had a Pacer. However, I will tell you one thing..the quality control could have been better! There are 2 factory flaws on mine. 1) They messed up drilling 2 of the holes on the back of the body for the rear trem cover. At that point the body had been painted and was in the final assembly phase so the tech just drilled 2 more holes beside the ones that didn't line up and figured the trem cover would cover it anyways...which it does but still makes me shake my head. 2) If you take the neck off you can see where they messed up drilling holes in the neck and just drilled 4 more beside the ones that didn't line up right using the same "no one will ever see it" attitude. Although, in the end its still a great guitar. If the guys on the other forum think I'm some kind of sell out for thinking about selling it...well I have owned that guitar longer than a lot of them have been playing (and in a few cases been alive) so I'm not too worried about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.