<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:20 PM

Any ESP guitarists?

I've got an ESP Dave Mustaine DV8-R and I love it. ESP make quality guitars and they look and feel awesome. So I ask, anybody else on the forum that has an ESP? They make crazy custom guitars and I might consider getting one made for myself in the future.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:49 PM

Re: Any ESP guitarists?

I have an Eclipse II Std in black cherry (ESP, not LTD) and an old Maverick Deluxe that needed some TLC. I had to plug and redrill the holes for the Floyd studs and the finish was beat so I took it off and tung oiled the body. Kinda stratty but 24 fret, maple board and loaded with a Breed bridge and GFS rails in the neck and middle, it sounds and plays killer. The Eclipse is great too, plays like a LP should (to me), not to mention it's quite a bit lighter, I go back and forth on whether I love or hate the EMG 81s though.

Roger
Old 09-15-2005, 10:44 PM
(a)

I never owned any ESP but from what I've heard everywhere they make great guitars , playability, durability and versatilty.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:44 PM
(a)
Vendor

I own an ESP Original Series MII-Deluxe (not the North American Standard series), and I must say that it's on par with any USA Jackson and Ibanez Signature series.( Also on par with some of my J-Customs). One thing I have noticed on this guitar is that the neck is DEAD STRAIGHT and the neck has yet to warp on me(all other guitar necks have shifted a wee-bit, this one remains dead straight).

It's definitely a very finely crafted guitar and I'd like to mention that the quality of the ESP guitars are very consistant(at least with the Japanese domestic ones).
Old 09-16-2005, 01:26 AM

Apparently, Asian countries have a wider range of the Standard Series. ESPs here in Malaysia are stupidly overpriced. I mean $680 for an F-250 and an MH-50 for $420. It doesn't even come with a case . Luckily an Ibanez here are cheaper.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:42 AM

I would have one their Horizons if it came with a trem .

Regards

André
Old 09-16-2005, 01:49 AM

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/original/horizon/index.htm

André, go get one. lol
Old 09-16-2005, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
I would have one their Horizons if it came with a trem .

Regards

André
They do. There are two models. The Horizon-FR (I,II) and Horizon NT (I,II). Unfortunately, these models aren't available in the US (except the NT II). You can sheck out the various models at www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_1
They do. There are two models. The Horizon-FR (I,II) and Horizon NT (I,II). Unfortunately, these models aren't available in the US (except the NT II). You can sheck out the various models at www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea.
Cool, but it is with their pointy headstock .

Regards

André
Old 09-16-2005, 04:53 AM

i have an old ESP - LTD M series, at the moment i cant use the trem because one of the nuts is broken so it goes out of tune when i do use it (the trem being the reason i bought it in the first place).. i constantly get annoyed with it and have arguments with it (in my head not out loud, lol) i hate the pickups in it.... but you know what i still think its an awesome guitar that plays really well (when it wants to of course)
Old 09-16-2005, 06:28 AM

i just got a custom Mirage ESP from lhrocker here on Jemsite and i'm blown away with it! i didn't realize they were so "on par" with USA Jacksons. i've always known they made great guitars but i never considered them at that level...but they are. i love Ibanez but always thought i'd goto Jackson if i ever got endorsed but now i'd really hard pressed between Jackson, Ibanez or ESP - i can dream can't i?
the Eclipse II in the STD series looks sick in black!! Gibson who?
this is my first REAL ESP. here's a pic of the bad boy from a week ago at a Labor Day gig:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v334/s...t=100_0216.jpg

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa

Last edited by screamndemon69; 09-16-2005 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:03 AM

Being a huge Helloween, and Gamma Ray fan, I really want a Kai Hansen model.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:27 AM

Reviews: 7

I just got a new LTD a few days ago, The Black MH-1000 with EMG's. I love it so much I'm already thinking of getting either an ESP Horizon NT-II or the M-II Urban Camo. Just wish the M-II Urban camo had the ESP inlayed on the headstock instead of the less attractive painted on ESP. I think one of the best things about ESP is that they make a lot of neck-thrus and set-thrus for really great prices, and even the more expensive ones (excluding customs) aren't as expensive as meny Jem's but are easily the same quality. Then again you dont have to pay for any elaborate, extremely detailed vine inlays.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:20 AM

I've got the following ESPs...

ESP Kamikaze IV Custom Shop Limited Edition (the neon green one)
ESP Serpent (black and white)
ESP Serpent II (black and tan with reverse body - RARE!)
ESP Skulls & Snakes Custom Shop Limited Edition

...and then the LTDs
ESP LTD GL-500 Sunburst Tiger
ESP MH-201

So, the majority of mine are George Lynch series.
I used to play the Skulls & Snakes and the Serpent has been played a lot too, but they mostly just sit in their cases these days.
I changed the strings on the Serpent II once and plugged it in for about 5 minutes, then it went back in it's case. Far too rare to play.

I've had many other ESPs over the years and they are INCREDIBLE guitars.

One thing that I'd also like to point out is that the LTD series are good guitars if you do a MAJOR set up on them.
The MH-201 I've got very well may be the best playing guitar I own, but it did take a couple hours to set it up to where it wasn't a turd. Right off the shelf they suck.
(Especially the newer ones that have those terrible pickups).
If you can replace the pickups and do a great set up, they're wonderful guitars.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshisname
Being a huge Helloween, and Gamma Ray fan, I really want a Kai Hansen model.

I'm very fan of Kai hansen too . Gamma Ray new album coming up next week.

Tags
breed bridge, custom guitar, custom guitars, custom shop, dave mustaine, ibanez guitars, kirk hammet, kirk hammett, les paul, playing guitar, pointy headstock, tung oil, volume pots

Show/Hide Posting Rules