<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 08-17-2003, 09:29 PM

Anybody know anything about Hamers?

I saw a Hamer guitar in a pawn shop the other day. It's a transparent amber flamed-maple strat-style body w/ the hockey stick headstock, rosewood fretboard, with the Hamer "check-mark" inlays. It's pretty, and in decent shape. I've read some descriptions online that make me think it's a "Californian" model - the higher end version with the bolt on neck, but I can't confirm it. It looks like a nicer model than the Hamer cheapos, but the trem looks like the Lo-TRS trems with the angled edges behind the pivot points, which makes me suspicious.

Any idea what model it is, or what it might be worth? I have no use for non-Ibanez guitars, but I'm curious about this one.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:42 PM

If it's a USA Hamer Californian it's a fine guitar. I owned one and it played great. Your best best to identify it would probably be to ask the boys on the Hamer forum: HAMER
Good bunch of guys

Hamer USA models are high-quality, fantastic guitars.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:30 AM

Re: Anybody know anything about Hamers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama
It's a transparent amber flamed-maple strat-style body w/ the hockey stick headstock, rosewood fretboard, with the Hamer "check-mark" inlays.
That makes me think that it's a newer Korean made Californian.
Californians of yore were made from mahogany and had real Seymore Duncans in them, the new ones are maple and have Duncan Designed pickups.
If it's one of the new, Korean ones then I wouldn't pay more than $200-$250 but if it's one of the old ones then maybe up to $400 would be a good price.
All depends on how comfortable the guitar feels to you.

ilia

p.s. The hamer guys are a cool bunch, so I hope you get more help there.

Tags
duncan designed, ibanez guitars, rosewood fretboard, trs trems

Show/Hide Posting Rules