anyone here play or own a ESP MII standard? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 10:10 PM

Do they offer the M2 with a rosewood board curently and with a regular headstock? Jack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 04:40 AM
dex

Rosewood board - yes, Normal headstock - no.
MII Custom can be ordered with the normal headstock and even as a thru neck if you want.

ilia
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian
Quote:
Originally Posted by zEr0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennartengel
Every time i see him do one of his solo's i just feel so incompetent
Tune your axe down a whole step and you'll see how you become a lot more competent.... I'd like to see Romeo playing a normally tuned guitar for once and see just how fast he can get...

yes as i'd like to see yngwie play a guitar thats not scalloped with 10's on it...
sorry but YJM uses 8-46 strings
if you want to hear YJM play with heavier strings and a non scalloped board listen to him on a acoustic sometime
i know what yngwie plays on, 8's with a scalloped fretboard. i said i'd like to see him play on a non scalloped fretboard with 10's. and yes i've heard great things of his acoustic playing
are 10s in standard tuning some sort of standard that everyone must base themselves and others off of? it's all about what feels right to the person playing...no need to argue about "cheating" as is being reffered to in this thread.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 11:12 PM

i play my friend's MII (with rosewood f/board). i love the warm tone of it.
is MII use ash / swamp ash body? it is really nice tone. the original floyd rose also working well.
but the neck thicker than Ibanez
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 06:02 AM
dex

The neck is thicker than wizard but comparable to a jem neck with a flatter back.
New MII Standard and custom are alder, MII Deluxe are swamp ash.
My 12 year old MII Deluxe is alder but the new ones are swamp ash.

ilia
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 11:38 AM

Re: anyone here play or own a ESP MII standard?

I currently own an M-II standard with maple neck / fretboard and seymour Duncan '59/jazz combo. I've owned quite a few high end electrics and I've never owned a guitar that came anywhere near my ESP in terms of playability and tone. Currently looking at buying an.ESP viper.

I think the standards are the best guitars in the world... At least they blow away any Gibson/Ibanez guitars I've owned (no offense).
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 02:00 PM

Reviews: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzeh View Post
I currently own an M-II standard with maple neck / fretboard and seymour Duncan '59/jazz combo. I've owned quite a few high end electrics and I've never owned a guitar that came anywhere near my ESP in terms of playability and tone. Currently looking at buying an.ESP viper.

I think the standards are the best guitars in the world... At least they blow away any Gibson/Ibanez guitars I've owned (no offense).
i have same guitar as you and it is awesome.
due to divorse its for sell in classifieds though.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Banned

Had a few M-IIs, but liked my Mirage better.
I wouldn't say they were better than any of my various Ibanez models...just different.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfury View Post
i have same guitar as you and it is awesome.
due to divorse its for sell in classifieds though.
Yeah man, tough loss.

I've owned a couple of nice Prestige guitars I loved but the neck on the ESP is quite honestly perfect.

I'm hoping to buy a Viper this week as well as a rare 83 Ibanez RS1010SL (roadstar ii Steve Lukather signature series ). I'm pretty excited about the Ibanez, its in great shape and like me, an '83 model.

I think with new pickups it'll make a killer guitar.

Something about alder tone that I just love.

The ESP has a permanent place in my heart due to it being the best jazz/blues guitar I've owned AND the best metal axe I've ever had.

My .02
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 12:33 AM

Reviews: 19

ESP MII UC has an Ebony board and a normal headstock.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
yes as i'd like to see yngwie play a guitar thats not scalloped with 10's on it...
Listen to Timo Tolkki's Avalon (he used to be the guitarist and main songwriter for Stratovarius until 200. Back in the early Strato days, he played a floral JEM, then he switched to ESP, and his ESP was a custom MII. He then went through a custom luthier Siggy Braun for his Symfonia 7... But during live shows he used a prestige Ibby along with the S7.

Thats a career look at Tolkki, but the reason I say listen to Avalon is:

1. It's a very Tolkki take on the Metal opera subgenre
2. He uses a Master built 55 Fender Strat without a Scalloped neck. He shreds that thing like crazy (you can tell how much of an influence Yngwie was on him lol). He also downtunes his guitar half a step (that's just his preference).

Tags
floyd rose , jem neck , kirk hammet , kirk hammett , maple fingerboard , michael romeo , paul gilbert , rosewood board , scalloped fretboard , string tension , swamp ash , swamp ash body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode