anyone here play or own a ESP MII standard? - Jemsite
Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

anyone here play or own a ESP MII standard?

these look real nice, are they worth $1189? http://www.music123.com/ESP-MII-i115054.music
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 12:53 PM

they look real nice indeed, specially with the maple fingerboard
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 01:11 PM

You make it sound as though they are a new thing. They made loads of them back in the late 80's/early 90's I believe. Thats how Kirk Hammett came up with the idea for his guitar - he started off with an MII.

They are just as good as anything on the market I would say. For quality and all-around greatness, you cant go far wrong with a proper ESP.

I would look for an older model on THAT auction site we know, you will get it for cheaper too. And as I said - just as good as antyhing on the market.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 02:05 PM

well i got a KH 2 (pretty much the same thing) and it kicks ass. I would highly reccomend trying on out. You will be glad you did!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 02:31 PM

just take a look at wat michael romeo can do with one of those...

Every time i see him do one of his solo's i just feel so incompetent

But i'm still learning
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennartengel
Tune your axe down a whole step and you'll see how you become a lot more competent.... I'd like to see Romeo playing a normally tuned guitar for once and see just how fast he can get...

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zEr0
Quote:
Tune your axe down a whole step and you'll see how you become a lot more competent.... I'd like to see Romeo playing a normally tuned guitar for once and see just how fast he can get...

yes as i'd like to see yngwie play a guitar thats not scalloped with 10's on it...
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Tune your axe down a whole step and you'll see how you become a lot more competent....
Would less string tension make a guitar easier to play? i've actually never tuned down. When my band decided to play some tunes in D i simply bought a 7-string I can imagin that tapping, bends and legato stuff will be a lot easier though. Still romeo is a very good player, even if he cheats a little...
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 04:31 AM
dex

I don't think it will.
To me it feels that is't much easyer to play fast on thicker strings and then you can also use more dynamics in your attack.

I've had one for 12 years and it's the only guitar that's always out at an arm's reach.

Mine's a Deluxe but it's pretty much the same guitar.

ilia
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 07:02 AM

Well, my personal experience with lose strings is that I can play any "shredding" technique faster: legato, tapping, sweeping, even picking.

Although I also think Romeo is a great heavy-metal player, I am positive that the main reason he tunes down is because HE finds he can play faster like that.

Those ESP's look really hot by the way!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 11:53 AM

Paul Gilbert tunes D to D also, whatchu tryin'a say?
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian
Quote:
Quote:

yes as i'd like to see yngwie play a guitar thats not scalloped with 10's on it...
sorry but YJM uses 8-46 strings
if you want to hear YJM play with heavier strings and a non scalloped board listen to him on a acoustic sometime
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

oh C'mon now romeo can play just as fast/great on regular tuning
I find that the looser strings make it harder to play as clean if anything
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 03:36 PM

I'm sure the guy can play amazingly fast on normal tuning as well. I'm saying that I can guess the reason he decides to tune his guitar lower is so he can achieve an extra bit of speed.

I know I do!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian
Quote:
Quote:

sorry but YJM uses 8-46 strings
if you want to hear YJM play with heavier strings and a non scalloped board listen to him on a acoustic sometime
i know what yngwie plays on, 8's with a scalloped fretboard. i said i'd like to see him play on a non scalloped fretboard with 10's. and yes i've heard great things of his acoustic playing

Tags
floyd rose , jem neck , kirk hammet , kirk hammett , maple fingerboard , michael romeo , paul gilbert , rosewood board , scalloped fretboard , string tension , swamp ash , swamp ash body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode