<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:22 PM

Anyone like ESP?

i happen to be a big fan of esp, i have a cheapy esp ltd viper and an ltd 7 string which i was VERY lucky to get at a low price

on my viper i took out the neck pickup and put a duncan detonator in the bridge spot, i use the toggle switch to cut sound, with distortion u can still hear if u play through it, but otherwise it work similar to Tom Morello's killswitch
Old 03-26-2005, 11:26 PM

Re: Anyone like ESP?

Some ESPs look cool, but I am not a big fan of neck-through construction. I like bolt-ons personally, and only their low-end models come as bolt-ons...
Old 03-26-2005, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel
Some ESPs look cool, but I am not a big fan of neck-through construction. I like bolt-ons personally, and only their low-end models come as bolt-ons...
Not true, i have an ESP Eclipse (not ltd) with a bolt on neck. Sweet guitar. It is loaded with emgs and a EMG Afterburner if i remember right. You can also find a good ESP superstrat with bolt on neck on the 'bay for around 600-700 dollars. Most of these come loaded with SD pickups. Overall i highly reccomend ESP guitars.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:47 AM

Fair enough, I was mostly referring to their curent lineup though - Except for some signature models (George Lynch) and the MII, only the 100, and the 50 models come as bolt-ons. I would have liked to see a higher end LTD (M, or an MH) as a bolt-on personally.

Edit: There is also a 200 series Carpenter model which is a bolt on, looks not too bad, since it doesn't have that inlay. I wonder if it's worth the $650 list price though...
Old 03-27-2005, 03:34 AM

Well you shouldn't have to PAY the list price if you buy it retail. But i'd be weary of buying ANY guitar that I haven't either played personally, or played a very similar model of recently.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:01 AM

I wish people would stop refering to LTD as ESP............how come no one is arogant enough to call Epiphone - Gibson or Squire - Fender, yet EVERY LTD owner out there refers to their LTD as ESP???.........
LTD are Korean made guitars that are on par with RG3xx, RGT4xx, RG7321, Epiphone, etc, yet they retail at twice the price of the competition......
...and there are still people out there who buy them and boast about them.......
Weird.

For the record I LOVE ESP, the only 2 guitars that I've kept for 13 and 12 years respectively are ESP (MI and MII) and I think they are the best guitars money can buy but if I was on the market right now and had to choose between LTD and Ibanez/Jackson......well let's just say I'd save my money and get a Jackson (Pro, MG, X).
A real Japanese made guitar that has the real name proudly displayed on the headstock and is cheaper - seems like a no brainer to me.

ilia

Last edited by dex; 03-27-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:22 AM

I'm an old school ESP sort of guy. I had a custom build ESP back in the Mid 80's early 90's. This was back when ESP was just ESP,,,,no LTD in those days. The quality of these things was huge IMO. THere was the M-1 and Mirage and Mirage custom. Those were the shchitz! I do like the looks of the new Goth LTD's, and love the ESP Dave Mustaine model.

~A
Old 03-27-2005, 11:30 AM

oops. double post.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
A real Japanese made guitar that has the real name proudly displayed on the headstock and is cheaper - seems like a no brainer to me.

ilia
Actually, some of the LTD models have the ESP logo on them. Check the truss rod covers. But afterall, it's just a logo. Overall, the main concern should be "Does the guitar do what you need it to do?", NOT who made it.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:26 PM

Yeah, because they are ESP by right, LTD by series. It seemed kind of odd to me, to see that. Fender does that sort of,,, the have a Fender logo on the Squire series. It seems though that the LTD series is of pretty good quality. I just wish they would Badge em all as ESP and just run a series name or number for the entry level mods.

Sort of off the subject yet related,,,didn't ESP build Jackson guitars for awhile as a contractor? Then at some point the decided to build there own model? Electic Sound Products of Japan is where it began I thought. It's been a long time since I've talked Esp stuff. They headstocks are the same as Jacksons to this day. Iteresting? May have to start a history thread. I would go to the ESP forum, but from what I have seen they don't like Jemsiters, and there seem to be some pretty shcitty attitudes over there. However I could be wrong.

~A
Old 03-27-2005, 06:22 PM
(a)
Vendor

I own an ESP MII-Deluxe as well as a *butchered* LTD M350, and I must say that the build quality on them were pretty darn good. Although I did have to do some additional work on them(as I also do on every guitar), the ESP stuff was pretty good to start off with.

(Well... that and my MII actually came with the ESP Arming Adjuster installed, and man does it ever make a difference)
Old 03-27-2005, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Garrow

Sort of off the subject yet related,,,didn't ESP build Jackson guitars for awhile as a contractor? Then at some point the decided to build there own model? Electic Sound Products of Japan is where it began I thought. It's been a long time since I've talked Esp stuff. They headstocks are the same as Jacksons to this day. Iteresting? May have to start a history thread. I would go to the ESP forum, but from what I have seen they don't like Jemsiters, and there seem to be some pretty shcitty attitudes over there. However I could be wrong. ~A
ESP used to make Kramer guitars in the late 80's early 90's I don't think they made anything for Jackson. The headstocks are a little different than a Jackson headstock.

I have a 1988 MII custom neck through with EMGs and an original Floyd and the guitar smokes. Awesome!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 07:26 PM
(a)

It would be nice if all ESPs did not say LTD on 'em.
The guitars are nice but Ibanez blows 'em away!
Old 03-27-2005, 07:33 PM

The only thing that points to a connection between ESP and Jackson for me is the guy from Children of Bodom's custom ESPs that look like the Jackson Rhoads models.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:05 PM

Hi guys im new on this forum and i have a question
i am ordering an ESP urban camo mII from abroad (England), a friend of mine is gonna do the job for me, so unfortunately i can't test run it. The price i got is 1100's , can any one please tell me where i can get a better price then this, inside UK or maybe in America

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29