Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Build treva (6fingers) free guitar thread.

27K views 277 replies 32 participants last post by  andrewsfury 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Some of you know about this but here we go. Also i posted this in here because there will be a guitar built to show progress pics as well.

My friend treva lives in brazil and guitars are so out of price range there expecially coming from usa.

He has been wanting a swirl for so long to no evail.

I told him i would make hime one for free and then Alaskabat offered him a neck.

Rgtfanatic offered him a free original edge trem kit.

Then some others offered stuff as well.

So i needed to make an official thread for anyone wanting to help us.

He will make a song and youtube video when he gets it for us all to enjoy what we did.

The guitar will be a jpm hh style body with claw and no grip. swirled with matching headstock .

any parts you want to donate please post here.

Also i would like to offer 1 of these guitars every year for a member who is cool and deserving of it with you guys help.

im sure treva will post some renderings of what it will look like with his photoshop skills lol.

I am putting it together here and shipping finished to him i believe.

This spring i will have the body ready for him .

Thanks to anyone who wants to help a dream come true.

Things needed still.
Pickups. hopefully pink dimarzios.
electronics.
tuners etc.
a good case to ship it in.
knobs.
clear guard to fit. (if not i will).

See less See more
#64 ·
o.k. guys due to all your help we have everything t0 finish this guitar accounted for (except a logo) made by treva's design.

unbelievable.

Like i said before anyone who donated gets their name or any name they choose to get voted for by anyone who donated.

Also it dont stop here,++ anyone who wants to donate a part++ for the (build someone a guitar)bin is eligable for next vote and name put in. And we will be able to build another guitar faster than 1 a year. maybe 1 every 3 months.

I will post pics of parts as they come in and progress on this guitar.

Treva is going to be a happy dude soon.

Thanks to all.

If you want to donate a part for next guitars my adress is in this thread and leave your username included and post in thread what you sent or p.m. me and i will do it.

things needed most is bodies and necks cause we got pickups and trems coming in but if thats what you got we definetly will need those too.

ALSO IF YOU OWN A COMPANY HERE OR CAN BUILD A GUITAR AND PAINT IT LET US KNOW IF YOU WANT TO HELP AND YOU CAN BUILD ONE OR HELP ME ON THE NEXT ONES.

#65 ·
I hope all folks are understanding that, if you donate a spring, a pup whatever, next guitar could be yours!
A freakin' awesome custom guitar with awesome painting for free, where could you get it?
That's awesome.
Well I can tell how awesome it is ;)
Come'n guys don't let this idea die, it'll make so many members happy as me ;)

#67 ·
Since this awesome thread started, i was thinking about how would i contribute to this Treva's axe thing.
So i'm willing to donate a DiMarzio straplock.
Treva, you have two options:

Brand new Neon Yellow DiMarzio StrapLock, or:

Used (excellent condition) Purple DiMarzio StrapLock.

Just choose the color and i'll send it to your door.
Or maybe we can JAM & Beer!!! ;)
Cheers,

#68 ·
andrewsfury, do you have a paypal account for donations towards this stuff? I don't have many spare guitar parts lying around currently, but I can donate a little cash to help with this and future builds.

Also, I was thinking, maybe we can do some pedal builds. If you can swirl some enclosures I could build some simple effects that can be a part of it. Think, matching swirls on guitars and stomp boxes perhaps! :)

#70 ·
andrewsfury, do you have a paypal account for donations towards this stuff? I don't have many spare guitar parts lying around currently, but I can donate a little cash to help with this and future builds.

Also, I was thinking, maybe we can do some pedal builds. If you can swirl some enclosures I could build some simple effects that can be a part of it. Think, matching swirls on guitars and stomp boxes perhaps! :)
Dude, That's an AWESOME idea!!!!

BTW....can you build something like a boss FB-2 "feedbacker"??

also: guess what showed up in the mail today!!!!!

#90 · (Edited)
Andrew and I have been talking, and we are thinking about having a matching swirled pedal go with each guitar. Andrew is going to swirl the enclosure to match the guitar, send it to me and I'll build a nice overdrive or distortion with it.

I've got a bunch of the passive components required to build circuits, but the parts I don't have in bulk are the expensive things like pots, switches and the like. I sometimes need to order pots from overseas, which makes them pretty pricey.

What we were hoping we could do is have anyone who is interested donate a few $$$ to go towards these parts, and also shipping to get to the lucky recipient when the guitar and pedal are completed. If several people are able to throw maybe $5 into the pot then it makes things a lot easier.

If you are interested just contact me through here: http://www.lonephantom.com/contact-me/ . That way I won't have to deal with my PM box being full. Just give me your name and your Jemsite username so I know who I'm talking to. :)

#100 ·
Thanks mate but save it to the next lucky winner, I don't use pedals so there are other guys who need it, a custom swirled guitar to me is MORE than enough, I've been waiting for it my entire life.
Just like Cid said, some things we need some don't, let's help who is in need, thanks again ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.