Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Build treva (6fingers) free guitar thread.

27K views 277 replies 32 participants last post by  andrewsfury 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Some of you know about this but here we go. Also i posted this in here because there will be a guitar built to show progress pics as well.

My friend treva lives in brazil and guitars are so out of price range there expecially coming from usa.

He has been wanting a swirl for so long to no evail.

I told him i would make hime one for free and then Alaskabat offered him a neck.

Rgtfanatic offered him a free original edge trem kit.

Then some others offered stuff as well.

So i needed to make an official thread for anyone wanting to help us.

He will make a song and youtube video when he gets it for us all to enjoy what we did.

The guitar will be a jpm hh style body with claw and no grip. swirled with matching headstock .

any parts you want to donate please post here.

Also i would like to offer 1 of these guitars every year for a member who is cool and deserving of it with you guys help.

im sure treva will post some renderings of what it will look like with his photoshop skills lol.

I am putting it together here and shipping finished to him i believe.

This spring i will have the body ready for him .

Thanks to anyone who wants to help a dream come true.

Things needed still.
Pickups. hopefully pink dimarzios.
electronics.
tuners etc.
a good case to ship it in.
knobs.
clear guard to fit. (if not i will).

See less See more
#271 ·
While it's been built, I'm working on a sci fi video which will have all donators there(video, pic or avatar), it will have two 3D versions, one for red/cyan glasses(can be watched in any tv/laptop) and side by side which needs 3D tv/laptop.
Video will be HD and with lots of cool sci fi imagery and effects.
Spielberg I'm coming :lol:

#273 ·
Hi guys. Some of you know about this but here we go. Also i posted this in here because there will be a guitar built to show progress pics as well.

My friend treva lives in brazil and guitars are so out of price range there expecially coming from usa.

He has been wanting a swirl for so long to no evail.

I told him i would make hime one for free and then Alaskabat offered him a neck.

Rgtfanatic offered him a free original edge trem kit.

Then some others offered stuff as well.

So i needed to make an official thread for anyone wanting to help us.

He will make a song and youtube video when he gets it for us all to enjoy what we did.

The guitar will be a jpm hh style body with claw and no grip. swirled with matching headstock .

any parts you want to donate please post here.

Also i would like to offer 1 of these guitars every year for a member who is cool and deserving of it with you guys help.

im sure treva will post some renderings of what it will look like with his photoshop skills lol.

I am putting it together here and shipping finished to him i believe.

This spring i will have the body ready for him .

Thanks to anyone who wants to help a dream come true.

Things needed still.
Pickups. hopefully pink dimarzios.
electronics.
tuners etc.
a good case to ship it in.
knobs.
clear guard to fit. (if not i will).
Idk how I missed this thread, but I'm totally in if you still now need any contributions, it's a killer idea...

Ill now read the thread :p

#274 ·
Sorry no new progress.
to make long story short.
divorse= NO HOUSE OR SHOP.
i got all stuff with me in my bros house and am 3 months away from having a house again.
i will update as soon as possible.

one guitar is almost done just need some bridge parts and powdercoating and install electronics.

#275 ·
I knew we discussed this last year, but haven't followed progress--was out for quite awhile.
Treva kept me posted on a few things, though.

've seen some of this, but would really like a master list of what we already have, but most important--what we still need.
I'm in a similar boat, Drew--all of my household goods are in government storage until we find a house.

Shoot me a message on what's needed....

#278 ·
yes. im still working on trevas guitar.
a few setbacks was my divorce and move.

i learned to build guitar bodies to make hime a body.
i learned to powdercoat to do his bridge.

i apperantly forgot how to swirl . after 2 tries with 2 seperate bodies (so 4 swirls) they all sucked. my painbts were over a year old at this point which i think caused the disasters.

i almost mailed him hid powdercoated edge bridge because we lost hope.
then we found the swirl skins from ebay . he wants the #8 swirl on his website.
so the dream is still alive and the other guitar i was building is still here and still almost done.

thanks to rodney reams at liquid fx for clearcoating the 2 swirls i did for other ones.

he done an amazing job .

hopefully soon i can give hope for actually finishing these dang guitars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.