Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Build treva (6fingers) free guitar thread.

27K views 277 replies 32 participants last post by  andrewsfury 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Some of you know about this but here we go. Also i posted this in here because there will be a guitar built to show progress pics as well.

My friend treva lives in brazil and guitars are so out of price range there expecially coming from usa.

He has been wanting a swirl for so long to no evail.

I told him i would make hime one for free and then Alaskabat offered him a neck.

Rgtfanatic offered him a free original edge trem kit.

Then some others offered stuff as well.

So i needed to make an official thread for anyone wanting to help us.

He will make a song and youtube video when he gets it for us all to enjoy what we did.

The guitar will be a jpm hh style body with claw and no grip. swirled with matching headstock .

any parts you want to donate please post here.

Also i would like to offer 1 of these guitars every year for a member who is cool and deserving of it with you guys help.

im sure treva will post some renderings of what it will look like with his photoshop skills lol.

I am putting it together here and shipping finished to him i believe.

This spring i will have the body ready for him .

Thanks to anyone who wants to help a dream come true.

Things needed still.
Pickups. hopefully pink dimarzios.
electronics.
tuners etc.
a good case to ship it in.
knobs.
clear guard to fit. (if not i will).

See less See more
#5 ·
Im excited and its not even mine lol.
sometimes i used to daydream about someone doing stuff like this for me ,so if i can i will.

my wife and kids help me do this stuff , so its fun for us anyways.

hopefully every year we can hook someone up.

plus who doesn't love a good build thread they were part of?
it would be cool if everyone who donated a part had their name under the back side of the trem cavity plate.

#7 · (Edited)
I have 2 pink Dimarzio's Humbuckers from my J custom RG Paint1 that I'm happy to donate.. I think its an Air Norton and a Paf Pro ?? but not 100% sure...

I assume this is a 6 string guitar ??

I have to warn one has about 15cm of wire left, so as long as someone is good at making extension cable, it should still be good. They are in near mint condition, aesthetically..

I got plenty of extra parts, so hit me up with what you need and I can check my box of goodies.. I 100% have a full nice set of Gotoh/Ibanez tuners, so I can also donate that..

#9 · (Edited)
Guys I'm speechless.
Don't even know what to say, thanks is not good enough but the only thing I can say is...
THANKS to everybody who is going to help.
THANKS to everybody who will just support this dream with good thoughts.

Guitar parts in USA are so cheap so it's not like we'd asking for a ferrari but still what matters is THE ACT, wanting to help somebody even with only a screw is what matters, remember tomorrow could be you trying to fulfill a dream ;)

THANKS.............THANKS...............THANKS!

Yep there'll be a song and video.
Probably I'll ask to those who helped a pic or a small clip playing guitar(without sound just the scene) to add to my video so at least I think I'll make them happy watching it.

Andrew I hope life will give your act back to you a thousand times, if we all helped somebody to release a dream or something, the world would be a better place for sure.
I help a lot of homeless people with food, clothes etc and I have a girlfriend who is a vet and keep saving animals, she and her vet friends save a lot of animals every year, they treat and find a home to them.If I was rich I'd love helping people with health treatments, cars, houses, medications etc, making somebody happy and seeing that happiness in their eyes is unpayable, you feel like happiness was shaking all your body cells.

Guys if you want a freakish awesome swirl, contact Andrew, his swirls are a must, I always said that so it's not a case of "he's building me a guitar so I'll help him selling them" kind of stuff, he's building me one because I ALWAYS said I love his swirls and if I lived close to him, I'd keep him locked in my basement swirling only for me.......hmm that sounds kinky :lol:

THANKS.............THANKS...............THANKS!

BTW as Andrew will give one every year, keep donating to his "Fulfilling Dreams Guitar Parts" box, , even parts my guitar doesn't need or parts we already got, remember those donations could be for your guitar next year, let's spread joy here ;)

#10 ·
se deu bem heim treva hehehe

I gave up buying stuff here in brazil a long time ago, that's why I try to buy my stuff everytime I have the opportunity to travel or if someone is willing to bring me. The basic math when it comes to gear price in brazil is:

US price x 3 = brazilian street price

Anyways congrats on this amazing nice gesture. Been a Jemsiter for over 14 years (yay! the old forum!) and that's the reason I never left - awesome community :)

:)

#11 ·
Da pra acreditar?! (Can you believe that?)
Onde voce mora? (Where do you live?)
Vai ver somos vizinhos ;) (Maybe we're neighbours)

Sometimes our street price is even more than 3X, people travel and bring mesa boogies to sell, they ask about 4000/6000 dollars for a dual recto head, keep in mind dollar is twice value of our money so 6000 dollars is TOO MUCH for a guitar amp......................AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Yep some good guys here and that's why I never left too just like I said to some members, I still keep coming here to keep in touch with some cool friends.

#13 · (Edited)
hehehe,

to no Tatuape, SP/SP hehe

I'm always in horror when I see people selling an used PRS for about 5K (10k in our brazilian currency) like this one http://alturl.com/a4kwe or a used roadster combo for the same price - like this one http://alturl.com/efg3x

but that's how our economy works, if someone is selling for that price, definately there's a buyer willing to pay for it (even if paid in 12 easy installments hahha)

i'm not in economy and such, but I predict it only will get worse and worse on a near future. The bubble will burst ...

Brazil: the land of taxes and huge profits.

#16 · (Edited)
Yep Julien but the biggest difference is people make more money there, better jobs, government offers good schools, good hospitals etc, here we're paying even for oxygen, 5 months of our salary is used to pay taxes, the rest of our salary goes to pay things our government should give us but it doesn't, they use our taxes to buy mansions.

Let me repeat this = 5 months of our salary goes to pay taxes but government gives nothing, our taxes go to buy mansions to them.
Every place has its own problems but it's not easy living this way ;)

#17 ·
Great thread; I'd hit the 'Like' button if I could find one.

Above all else, this demonstrates the amazing (and almost unique) human capability to empathise and then create support for others. Separates out some great people from the rest of the population in the best way imaginable.

Not sure how to help, but I'll be following this thread with keen interest. Treva, you'd better get composing so we can hear some more of your awesome songs on this new beauty ;-)

#18 ·
Above all else, this demonstrates the amazing (and almost unique) human capability to empathise and then create support for others. Separates out some great people from the rest of the population in the best way imaginable.
YES......................YES and...........................YES.
That's why we can change this world, starting with our own lives, families, friends, neighbourhood etc, spreading joy, making people happy, offering a helping hand even for only a screw.There are so many millions in agony with terrible diseases, terrible lives like crap broken families etc, too much negative vibration, too much anger, only a helping hand could change that.The most terrible acts could have been stopped if only somebody have asked "can I help you?"

#27 · (Edited)
UPDATE...
IBANEZFREAK777 donated some nice pink dimarzios.
IBATEUR donated money for the electronics.
Doriangrey offered some pickups.

I would like to thanks all of who are helping.

What we will do is, if it doesnt get used on this project we will use it on next years.
And if we get alot we will do one alot sooner than 1 yr. apart.

I am excited i got home and my p.m. box was blasted full so thats why i put my adress.
just put your user name with the parts so i can give credit to you.

Also to keep this group tight nitted as brothers.
i suggest anyone who donated will be eligable to get the next one or they can pick anyone they want in their place and we can all vote winner.

Thanks guys we are already close to all the parts.

#28 ·
UPDATE...
IBANEZFREAK777 donated some nice pink dimarzios.
IBATEUR donated money for the electronics.
Doriangrey offered some pickups.

I would like to thanks all of who are helping.
Also anyone who wants to donate a part please just ship it to.
Andrew Engle
599 Marblecity heights cr.
Sylacauga , Al
United States.

What we will do is, if it doesnt get used on this project we will use it on next years.
And if we get alot we will do one alot sooner than 1 yr. apart.

I am excited i got home and my p.m. box was blasted full so thats why i put my adress.
just put your user name with the parts so i can give credit to you.

Also to keep this group tight nitted as brothers.
i suggest anyone who donated will be eligable to get the next one or they can pick anyone they want in their place and we can all vote winner.

Thanks guys we are already close to all the parts.
What are you still after for the build?

#39 · (Edited)
list update.

neck furrels and screws(japan only)

K we need trem studs and anchors for a edge or lopro edge.

clear guard for rg style 2 pickups and holes for custom layout( will havfe to bought by nate perel to fit his body)

body from nate jpm style hh same electronic layout he uses but no middle hole for volume and a claw added but no grip(140.00) i will buy this spring if it doesnt get donated no problem but i can finish it quicker if i get that sooner.

knobs ( not sure what color yet).

if someone can get his logo made from his design would be awesome.( maybe best decals could make it).

one pack 9-42 strings. daddario xl

ALSO!!! i am shocked at how cool you guys are here on jemsite.

#42 ·
list update.

neck furrels and screws(japan only)

K we need trem studs and anchors for a edge or lopro edge.

clear guard for rg style 2 pickups and holes for custom layout( will havfe to bought by nate perel to fit his body)

body from nate jpm style hh same electronic layout he uses but no middle hole for volume and a claw added but no grip(140.00) i will buy this spring if it doesnt get donated no problem but i can finish it quicker if i get that sooner.

knobs ( not sure what color yet).

if someone can get his logo made from his design would be awesome.( maybe best decals could make it).

one pack 9-42 strings. daddario xl

ALSO!!! i am shocked at how cool you guys are here on jemsite.
I might have some neck screws and ferrules. Let me double check when I get home.

#40 · (Edited)
Believe me I already have a song name and the main theme in my head.
You guys who are helping prepare yourselves to send me a small 10-20 seconds video of you playing your guitar(without sound) OR only a pic, you all will be in my video ;)

It doesn't matter how many will get other swirls, mine will always be the best one.........lah....lah..lah.........lah...........lah (dancing naked happy as a kid)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.