<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Boombatty  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 588  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
Yousef, please do not follow Treva's lead here.
Lol.He does have quite a unique sense of humor
quote
  #17  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Takin' a Ride  is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,173  -  iTrader: (35)

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


The best advice here is "just don't look". Treva/6fingers is in no way trying to hide who he is. The people donating to his project aren't being fooled.

If you think the guy is a troll, just ignore him and don't post in his thread. That's what everyone else does. It isn't like you're going to convince anyone to change their mind on the guy. All you've accomplished is lowering yourself.
quote
  #18  
Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM
maqify  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,278  -  iTrader: (1)
Reviews: 2

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


Sorry wrong post
quote
  #19  
Old 02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
(a)
RGTFanatic  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 8,049  -  iTrader: (17)
Reviews: 2

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
The best advice here is "just don't look". Treva/6fingers is in no way trying to hide who he is. The people donating to his project aren't being fooled.

If you think the guy is a troll, just ignore him and don't post in his thread. That's what everyone else does. It isn't like you're going to convince anyone to change their mind on the guy. All you've accomplished is lowering yourself.
GREAT reply Jess!!!
__________________

quote
  #20  
Old 02-11-2013, 04:44 PM
fwd0120  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 2,838  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 4

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boombatty View Post
Not to start anything yousef but you've taken one jemsiters kindness and motivation of friendship to hook a friend up with an awesome present to a "what about me" type.of thing.Understandable that said receiver of the gift might not have the ideal personality that you like.Others that have contributed (without any begging that ive seen at all) apparently like the guy enough to do so.so instead of making this a bad thing by posting something like this.save some money go out of your country purchase yourself something and be happy.Not saying he couldn't have done the same thing but this all originated from friendship.just my opinion
Sean
+1.

It has been upsetting to see this. I'm pretty excited for Treva and the awesome kindness taken place surrounding this! It's disappointing to see an attempt to mar the good will that has been put towards this project.
It doesn't matter what you think about somebody, but these things can hurt everyone involved.

Last edited by fwd0120; 02-11-2013 at 05:02 PM.
quote
  #21  
Old 02-11-2013, 04:53 PM
wilch  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,404  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Sorry Yousef, but you need to put in some serious time here being a dick and trolling threads before we'll build you a guitar. Get to work!
Lol! :-)
quote
  #22  
Old 02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
DaylightDies  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 490  -  iTrader: (24)

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


Late to the game on this one, but wow, starting this thread wins the award for worst dick move I've seen on the net in a while. Wow. Just wow.
quote
  #23  
Old 02-11-2013, 06:55 PM
moebius  is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,326  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousef View Post
Hi guys. Some of you know about this but here we go.

Me (Yousef) lives in Kuwait where they don't bring or sell any prestige guitars at all. They've only sold crappy Indonesian Ibanez guitars here for the last 10 years and have no plans on ever bringing any quality Ibanez guitars. There is no hope for any good instrument.

I have been wanting a Prestige for so long but to no avail. I've never even touched or seen a Prestige Ibanez guitar in my whole life. I've never owned a high end instrument because they don't sell them here and also I'm a broke college student.

Also I don't already own a studio, an ESP, a Prestige, a Mesa Boogie Triaxis, and many other expensive things like some posters in another thread who are begging for free parts. Hell I don't even have a tube amplifier here in this country. They don't even sell them. I'm currently amp-less and just use guitar amp simulation software to play.

So since threads like these are completely okay to mods like mobeius, jono, and even the admin jemsite who I sent a message to about this, you can go ahead and offer me your free Prestige guitar parts. In fact I also encourage people to start up their own beg for free parts thread as well!
Spelled my name wrong. This thread, like Treva's, does not break any rules. The mods read all reported posts and make decisions. Sorry we did not decide how you preferred. It happens.
quote
  #24  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Gojira  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Posts: 277  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


My schools mascot is named Yosef. This is about as close to relevant as anyone is going to be towards you and your thread OP.
quote
  #25  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 PM
(a)
Swirltop  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 2,313  -  iTrader: (12)

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


PM me your addy Yousef and I'll send you the strings and the old cover plate screws from my RG2750
quote
  #26  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Yousef  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 402  -  iTrader: (2)

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


You guys are so silly and cute. Let's look at Jemsite users' logic 101.
Which of the following is considered "whinning" according to Jemsite:

1. If a person asks for people to give another person free parts, of which the person who will be getting the parts already owns $50,000+ worth of gear.
2. If a person personally asks for free parts, of which all he owns is a $300 Ibanez guitar.

According to Jemsite the person whining is person #2. The variable here which makes it perceived as whining is that person #2 asked after person #1 did.

By the way I don't want your parts. This thread is trying to prove a point but no one is getting it. Jemsite could've organized to build a guitar from parts to donate to a charity, or too a sick child who likes playing guitar, which would've been a really awesome PR type move that would give this forum some recognition, but instead they are building a free guitar for a guy who is known to be a racist loud mouth troller who has threatened to hack people on multiple occasions on multiple forums, and who already owns his own studio and several expensive guitars and amplifiers.

Last edited by Yousef; 02-12-2013 at 01:47 AM.
quote
  #27  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:16 AM
Gojira  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Posts: 277  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousef View Post
You guys are so silly and cute. Let's look at Jemsite users' logic 101.
Which of the following is considered "whinning" according to Jemsite:

1. If a person asks for people to give another person free parts, of which the person who will be getting the parts already owns $50,000+ worth of gear.
2. If a person personally asks for free parts, of which all he owns is a $300 Ibanez guitar.

According to Jemsite the person whining is person #2. The variable here which makes it perceived as whining is that person #2 asked after person #1 did.

By the way I don't want your parts. This thread is trying to prove a point but no one is getting it. Jemsite could've organized to build a guitar from parts to donate to a charity, or too a sick child who likes playing guitar, which would've been a really awesome PR type move that would give this forum some recognition, but instead they are building a free guitar for a guy who is known to be a racist loud mouth troller who has threatened to hack people on multiple occasions on multiple forums, and who already owns his own studio and several expensive guitars and amplifiers.
We like that hacking racist loud mouth troller more than you OP. So why don't you do yousef a favor and give it up.
quote
  #28  
Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 AM
LonePhantom  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 8,560  -  iTrader: (8)
Reviews: 120

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


Whilst I agree with much of what you've said Yousef, 6fingers never asked for this guitar to be made for him.

A bunch of people decided on their own to do this. Stop trying to say he asked for it, he didn't.

You're just making yourself look bad now Yousef, probably time to stop now.
quote
  #29  
Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 AM
Yousef  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 402  -  iTrader: (2)

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Whilst I agree with much of what you've said Yousef, 6fingers never asked for this guitar to be made for him.

A bunch of people decided on their own to do this. Stop trying to say he asked for it, he didn't.

You're just making yourself look bad now Yousef, probably time to stop now.
I like your blog. I read it from time to time. Keep up the awesome work! \m/
quote
  #30  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 AM
mike570  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 3,098  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 21

Re: Build Yousef(Yousef) free guitar thread.


What LonePhantom said.
quote
Reply

Tags
free guitar thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Show/Hide Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LNG Clone build thread Paul1983 JEM and Universe Guitars 34 08-28-2013 01:14 AM
Build treva (6fingers) free guitar thread. andrewsfury Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 276 06-29-2013 09:27 AM
Build thread: Red Strat SonOfRDgear Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 12 09-03-2012 05:24 PM
Jem 77PFP Build Thread AlaskaBat JEM and Universe Guitars 38 11-18-2011 09:09 PM
New Build Thread--something LOONEY! AlaskaBat Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 16 05-13-2011 11:49 AM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by