Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Custom Build

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  linuxpenguin 
#1 ·
#6 ·
This guitar's tone is insane coming through my framus cobra head with a custom 4x12 from bagend. Just got it this evening so I took some pics to put up. The guitar was designed based on my Ibanez musician and 540p. The chizzled effect to the body from the top was done because I didn't want to use my best piece of walnut for the top. I was gunna save that for another build.
I have a few people to thank for this custom project. A special thanks to Michael over at woodnut.com. I bought the bastogne walnut from him. He's a great guy and has some spectacular pieces of wood if you're looking for something unique for your custom build. Frank Falbo, thank you for all your advice on what pieces to get. The pickup was custom made by Frank, including a burnt chrome/aged look which fits it perfect. I also got the wizard neck and cosmo edge trem from him. The main part of the body is Sapele that I bought from Craig's lumber, which is sadly out of business here in Memphis. Last but not least Rick, thank you for working so hard on this project. It was definitely worth the wait and it's exactly how I pictured it would be. Rick sent me pics and kept me updated. He would call if he had any questions and retured calls promptly. This being my first custom build I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew I wanted huge tone and a great looking/playing guitar. I couldn't ask for a better guitar. The next one will have a full top and weigh even more! lol
If you need a custom made guitar, paint job, clear coat, setup, etc you should definitely hit Rick up.
I am not sure how to upload pics directly so for the time being you can check out my photobucket to see the pics I just took.
These pics show the project from start to finish. http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab254/paintyoursky/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.