Custom Guitar Workshop Australia? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 03:40 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,596
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

Ive seen these trems before, they have no markings or licensed etc anywhere on them, so they must be fakes, and I hate anything fake because of the futher repercutions, like as soon as a pawn shop becomes involved, theyll end up selling them to someone as real for actual top dollar. And in any case hes harbouring the fake industry by selling them.

Noone who knows anything about decent guitars (like ourselves) are going to buy one of these anyway but fakes only appreciate in value when they are recurculated through things like pawn shops. And in my opinion these are on the same level as fakes.

Last edited by crevis; 11-19-2006 at 03:54 AM.
crevis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 91
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

Actually on close inspection i think it has the LICENCED FLOYD ROSE marking on it.
W0MB13 is offline  
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 08:32 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,596
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

That photo wasnt there b4 and it now says Licensed floyd in the description.

Thats definately step in the right direction
crevis is offline  
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Rip
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pa
Posts: 396
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
That photo wasnt there b4 and it now says Licensed floyd in the description.

Thats definately step in the right direction
Ok see, once again..im not trying to get on your case..but ya
jumped to conclusions right?

I have NO idea why im defending this company at all! i have no idea
who they are..
but I think im glad I am..cuz I think they are definately showing
they aren't scum
Great feedback..

Offered returns to the 6 bad feedback people..

when someone here points out its not a "genuine" FR..
and they actually go back and change it..and add a pic so there is no confusion to a potential buyer.

Good for them!
Rip is offline  
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 11:14 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,596
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

I also think the're maybe not as bad as some of the harsh comments ive dealt before now, but its very sus that he would have said its "genuine" when he knew damm well it wasnt, and that photo looks like it was taken in the same time as the others but did not include it originally. If not he must be a pro to read my message, read this thread, get a shot that clear, dl it and update it and the description in the half hour from when i refered him to when he changed it

A more likely explanation is that he knew the gig is up and he wasnt going to get away with it for much longer.
crevis is offline  
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Rip
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pa
Posts: 396
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post

A more likely explanation is that he knew the gig is up and he wasnt going to get away with it for much longer.
jumping to more conclusions.
Why do you feel the need to try to make this company look bad,
on pure speculation?

Can you tell me the lottery numbers for tomorrow as well?
Rip is offline  
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 11:49 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,596
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?



Why would he say genuine floyd when he knows it isnt?!? He should look bad for that

at least b4 we couldnt see the "licensed" in the photo and he was an inocent party.
crevis is offline  
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Rip
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pa
Posts: 396
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post


Why would he say genuine floyd when he knows it isnt?!?

at least b4 we couldnt see the "licensed" in the photo and he was an inocent party.
This guy sells lower end instruments..
The times i have to go into the smaller music stores around me
they are usually pretty naive and not the best people to ask
about technical stuff.


I'll tell you a quick true story.
I literally JUST purchased a "ping" Floyd Rose.
But before I went with the ping..i was going to get a "Original Floyd Rose"

I went to floydrose. com and looked for a dealer in my area so i could see
the tremolo in person (i needed to check something)

So i drove there, the guy is like "oh we dont carry them in stock"..but I can order them. I'm like could you look on your computer and tell me
the price of your "original floyd rose". We walk to the computer..and he goes online and goes to allparts..
Makes a phone call to allparts.. gets off..and says its $XXX
we talk for another min and things aren't adding up in my head

So im like "are you quoting me for an "original" floyd rose..or another brand"?

He says its another brand (i cant remember which)

Im like.."i need an original floyd rose"
He says.. See right in the description on the webpage? It says floyd rose.

These guys are more than likely just not informed..which isnt a good thing at all, but I think you're wrong when you think this is a concious effort to thieve people.

I think a lot of people who aren't technically savy.. are going to think something that says "licenced by Floyd Rose" means its a Floyd Rose.
Rip is offline  
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 12:09 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,596
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

Ok, If he says GENUINE he obviously knows there is such thing as licensed and that people prefer genuine. If he just said floyd rose, fine thats what it is. But when he says "Genuine floyd rose" in multi colour, he knows exactly what hes selling and what he wants people to think it is.
crevis is offline  
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Rip
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pa
Posts: 396
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
Ok, If he says GENUINE he obviously knows there is such thing as licensed and that people prefer genuine. If he just said floyd rose, fine thats what it is. But when he says "Genuine floyd rose" in multi colour, he knows exactly what hes selling and what he wants people to think it is.
ugh..
that must mean you can see me thousands of miles from you sitting in my underwear.
sorry.
Rip is offline  
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 12:18 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,596
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

Im not sure why its not clicking in your head. If youre always this trusting of people, you must get ripped off alot.

this just me arguing youre to trusting and you argueing im not trusting enough. Its not even about the company anymore.

Either way, he changed it, our job is done, lets go get some ice cream
crevis is offline  
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Rip
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pa
Posts: 396
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
Im not sure why its not clicking in your head. If youre always this trusting of people, you must get ripped off alot.

this just me arguing youre to trusting and you argueing im not trusting enough. Its not even about the company anymore.

Either way, he changed it, our job is done, lets go get some ice cream
well sorry to say..but i get ripped off RARELY.
Because im an informed buyer I spend probably too much time in a buying decision.

But I also dont think its fair to bash someone on pure opinion and present it as fact. I think the facts are the guy has fantastic feedback
seems like good customer service..and actually took the time to fix
an **** ad when presented with an issue.

Those are facts.
You have to realize what you post in a thread anywhere online
that info is probably going to be used down the road by someone.

Do I think it was wrong to use the word "genuine" yes I do.
But both of us understand what that means in regards to a FR.
But I also think if you buy a guitar for $350 bux "new"
and think their is an OFR in it than you as a consumer are a moron.


I see bad info all over the place online concerning info about my career. (i do production sound for tv/film ) and it just annoys me when people put
their opinions down as fact and then some poor schmuck will come along and read it and think what the person said was true.

I just wish their was a little more responsibility in peoples posts.

Ok ive said my peace.
Rip is offline  
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 12:52 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,596
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

as far as the price, he said that it was worth $995, which isnt that cheap in my books, its at least plausible that you could get an OFR for that.

I hope people read this because i do think hes shonky, based on the facts. And you dont have to be a moron to be a noob. I knew what a floyd rose was when i first started playing and bloody hell i wanted one too, and theres no way in hell i would have questioned that that guitar had a geniune OFR in it.

Im not sure how im not basing this on fact, he knows what he has and what the difference between licensed and geniune or he wouldnt have said genuine in the first place. I said it was 'more likely' that he was trying to fausly describe a product to get more out the door and to me, theres enough evidence to say that that is 'most likely' the case.
crevis is offline  
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 12:54 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,596
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

I think he should be more responsible when dealing with a chunk of peoples hard earned.

If GC did this wed be all over them.
crevis is offline  
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Rip
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pa
Posts: 396
Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

this will be my last quick post on the subject.
You ask how you didnt base things on fact.
The issue I had with your first posts..
was you presented the facts you wished people to see.
And not the whole story.

You stated the 6 negatives (which you had to search for)
and didnt bother stating that it was 6 out of 900+

And the person right below that post read YOUR post
and made a desision based on what you wrote,
which was obviously very 1 sided.

And in others you stated your opinion as fact..concerning
what the persons intention was, making the only possibility that
you can read peoples minds.



Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
as far as the price, he said that it was worth $995, which isnt that cheap in my books, its at least plausible that you could get an OFR for that.

I hope people read this because i do think hes shonky, based on the facts. And you dont have to be a moron to be a noob. I knew what a floyd rose was when i first started playing and bloody hell i wanted one too, and theres no way in hell i would have questioned that that guitar had a geniune OFR in it.

Im not sure how im not basing this on fact, he knows what he has and what the difference between licensed and geniune or he wouldnt have said genuine in the first place. I said it was 'more likely' that he was trying to fausly describe a product to get more out the door and to me, theres enough evidence to say that that is 'most likely' the case.
Rip is offline  
Reply

Tags
basswood body , custom guitar , custom guitars , fender strat , fender stratocaster , floyd rose , korean guitar , les paul , les paul standard , mahogony body , maple neck , music store , neck position , rosewood fretboard , vintage trem

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two Sims Custom? klp2332 Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk 27 08-13-2006 10:42 AM
Project GT-R custom guitar - almost finished (56K BEWARE!) LonePhantom Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 24 06-27-2006 12:01 AM
Guitar Player, Guitar World Back Issues (Satch & Vai) jippy Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 2 12-24-2005 12:40 AM
Cool solid wood guitar stands - Custom made in Iowa bduersch Gear and Equipment 5 09-24-2001 11:33 AM
Custom Guitar Idea - See and Share Anonymous Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 5 04-14-2001 12:42 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome