Custom Guitar Workshop Australia? - Page 3 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)
Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:23 PM

Re: Custom Guitar Workshop Australia?

I must be phsycic then because i was right wasnt I?
Old 11-19-2006, 02:27 PM

I didnt mean the feedback thing to be taken that seriously, when i see someone with 99.4 feedback, im only interested in the negatives, i thought everyone else had seen the feedback and got what i was saying.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:57 PM

Hi everyone. I am from Custom Guitar Workshop. We have been alerted that our guitars is under discussion here in Jemsite. We are very excited to be part of this.
Yes. We are a very 'young' workshop. Firstly, I would like to clarify that I work part time for the Custom Guitar Workshop in Korea, and well...english is my second language. I spend most of my time in New Zealand and Australia though. BUt my english still suck. I am one of the primary designer and basically the one who makes the call in regarding to the quality of the workmanship of these guitars. Well, enough about me, I am sure you are more interested in knowing the 'real deal' with these guitars. I will do my best to answer all your questions, but I do have limited knowledge in regarding to guitars produced by others. There are too many out there.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:18 AM

Issue 1- Floyd Rose

Our tremolo unit is a Licenced Floyd Rose. Although under the advertising and marketing act, we are allowed to list them as Floyd Rose. However, now we realised that the word 'original' is a bit confusing. We have posted a picture of the tremolo showing the Licenced inprint and changing the listing to prevent confusion in the future.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:32 AM

Isssue 2- RRP
Our RRP was worked out by comparing our guitars to the established brand, such as Squire, Washburn, Samick, Yamaha. Ibanez...etc. The prices are based on comparing the cost to produce the guitars and the RRP price range for guitars of similar quality in these established brand. ( Hope this make sense.. sorry if it doesnt) In short, once the brand is recognised as the others, that is what it will be retailed at.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:38 AM

Unhappy

Issue 3-Bad Feedback

As far as we know, most of the feedback relates to other product sold by the Australasia Music Workshop, NOT the Custom guitars. We do recall one or 2 cases where the guitar was damaged by the post. But we do offer to send a new one without any charges to the customer. We also offer a refund if the customer wants to. I wish I can promise a 100% satisfaction in every transaction, but things such as the handling and delivery is not something we control
Old 11-20-2006, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by customguitarworkshop_com View Post
Issue 3-Bad Feedback

As far as we know, most of the feedback relates to other product sold by the Australasia Music Workshop, NOT the Custom guitars. We do recall one or 2 cases where the guitar was damaged by the post. But we do offer to send a new one without any charges to the customer. We also offer a refund if the customer wants to. I wish I can promise a 100% satisfaction in every transaction, but things such as the handling and delivery is not something we control
hey i defended you here
do i get a discount? or some free swag? haha jk
Old 11-20-2006, 02:08 AM

Hi Rip. Thank you. Its good to see people who speaks fairly. Contact us at www.customguitarworkshop.com. I will do my best to arrange some sort of deal for you and others here who wants to get a first hand feel of these guitars. However, to prevent people taking advantage of this, we will only offer this to 5 people here at jemsite. We prefer someone who has vast knowledge about guitars and basses and are prepared to put their professional opinions forward.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:15 AM

Smile

We do look forward for people who 'actually' own one of our guitars to make some comments.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:42 AM

I dont have a problem with the quality of your guitars especially given the price, its good that you have changed the description, but it did say 'genuine' not 'original'. I have no quams as long as the description stays that way.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 AM

Here's 6 of my guitars, all made by Custom Guitar Workshop (guitars are made in Korea - but sold through a company here in Australia), and bought on **** Australia at Australasia Music Workshop, where they sell the same guitars at much lower prices.

Above from left to right: LP Artist, solid basswood body, set-in mahogony neck, GFS Alnico Vintage 59s pups, Wilkinson tuners ($299 AU, on sale), TE-1, solid basswood body, bolt-on maple neck, GFS Alnico Hot Lead (bridge) + GFS Vinatge Alnico (neck) pups, Kluson tuners ($250 AU). TE-3, semi-hollow basswood body, bolt-on maple neck, GFS Alnico Hot Lead (bridge) + GFS Vinatge Alnico (neck) pups, Kluson tuners ($199, clearance sale).

Above in the next photo from left to right: 607 Jazz Custom, semi-hollow mahogony body, set-in maple neck + rosewood fretboard, EMG Select humbuckers, tuno-matic hybrid bridge, Wilkinson tuners ($379 AU on sale). WGR Hybrid , solid basswood body, bolt-on maple maple neck, BS-108 tremolo, EMG Select single-coil pups, Wilkinson tuners ($490 AU), ST-2, solid basswood body, bolt-on maple neck, rosewood fretboard, ST Vintage tremolo, GFS Factory Alnico Humbucker + GFS '64 Staggers Overwound single-coil pups, Wilkinson tuners ($129, clearance sale)

Total Price for all 6 guitars was $1746. When I was 19, in 1994, I bought a brand new Les Paul Standard for $2895 AU. In 1997, I bought a USA Fender Stratocaster Standard model brand new for $1795 AU (sold 'em both in the late 90s, early 2000s for less than 1/2 of their new price when I was hard up). They were both very fine guitars, but a lot of the money I spent was really just for the brand-name "mojo" only.

These Korean guitars I've been buying may not be quite as good overall but they give you about 90-95% of the real thing for about 10%-20% of the price of a big-named US model. Sure, I've had to do a bit of tweaking here and there to set 'em up to my preferences, and I've done a shielding job on both the Telecaster-style guitars (TE-1 & TE-3) but playing them all and reflecting on those expensive guitars I used to own, I can't understand why I paid so much for those US guitars, other than at the time I thought it was important to have Fender and Gibson on my headstock - but they weren't worth the extra money IMO. These Custom Guitar Workshop Guitar's are awesome and they're a lot better than things in the same price range, like Squiers, Mexican Fender products (- maybe even some Japanese Fender products) and Epiphone Gibson-style copies.

The pickups in CGW guitars are great - especially the GFS equipped models, as there's no severe volume mismatch between the bridge and neck positions on each guitar and the rest of the electronics and general construction is of very high quality for the price I paid. The EMG Select pups are quite low output - there's no battery preamp - but they have excellent clarity and a very smooth high end. All of these guitars play in tune and resonate very well. I've played quite a number of great guitars since I started playing in '89, but these CGW guitars sound and feel great. I'll never be lured into big-brand overpriced mojo again, now that I've discovered this guitar supplier. I don't know how they do it for the money, but I don't care and I haven't finished buying yet!!! And, these 6 together, pictured here, cost just a little less than the 1997 Australian price of a new Fender USA Strat. Even as I write, there are more CGW guitars coming in the post addressed to me.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:58 AM

Thumbs down

i have got two of these guitars the LP and the TE. they are not great quality like described and do not sound much better. you are much better of saving the pennys and buying a proper quality real guitar. i recently purchased a real gibson les paul and fender telecaster there is no comparison. plus the person who manages the **** store is terrible to deal with - both the guitars i recieved had screws missing and one had no peg head string retainers and he would not send them to me blaming it on australia post. the necks on these guitars is set poorly and cannot be adjusted to stop the strings rattling. these guitars would really only suit a begginer. the only reason this guy has so much positive feedback is because people who do not know anything about guitars are easily won over by his convincing marketing skills and want a quick purchase for a small price and just want to be satisfied thinking they have bought the right guitar for a bargain === in other words do not buy these korean bulk made peices of ****
Old 10-01-2010, 03:34 AM

I had to join this site just so I can share my experience so far with these guitars.

After quite awhile of trolling the net for info and reviews on these guitars, and with very little success I took the leap of faith and bid on one of the LP guitars this mob makes and got it for $180! It arrived in the post today, and I have to admit, for the price it is quite a good guitar. Yes of course a Gibson Les Paul that is worth a few thousand is going to be heaps better in every way, though its also ALOT more expensive!

Now im no expert player, though I consider myself a decent player. Ive played and owned many guitars, and would have to say this compares highly to a few of my other highly regarded brands of guitars. Anyone out there that is considering one of these guitars, I would say "Give it ago' I did and I am honestly surprised for the amount of money spent! Looks great, has a good weight about it, feels great and sounds quite good!

Just incase anyone is thinking im associated with this business, let me assure you im not!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey123 View Post
I had to join this site just so I can share my experience so far with these guitars.

After quite awhile of trolling the net for info and reviews on these guitars, and with very little success I took the leap of faith and bid on one of the LP guitars this mob makes and got it for $180! It arrived in the post today, and I have to admit, for the price it is quite a good guitar. Yes of course a Gibson Les Paul that is worth a few thousand is going to be heaps better in every way, though its also ALOT more expensive!

Now im no expert player, though I consider myself a decent player. Ive played and owned many guitars, and would have to say this compares highly to a few of my other highly regarded brands of guitars. Anyone out there that is considering one of these guitars, I would say "Give it ago' I did and I am honestly surprised for the amount of money spent! Looks great, has a good weight about it, feels great and sounds quite good!

Just incase anyone is thinking im associated with this business, let me assure you im not!
Youre joking right? these guitars are rubish they sound like a tin can. mine have even started to warp due to the retards not drying out the wood enough! you obviously got no idea what a good guitar is.... the company advertises themselves on e bay as PRO QUALITY what a joke if there pro quality why doesnt any famous bands use them?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Another necrothread...

Tags
basswood body , custom guitar , custom guitars , fender strat , fender stratocaster , floyd rose , korean guitar , les paul , les paul standard , mahogony body , maple neck , music store , neck position , rosewood fretboard , vintage trem

Show/Hide Posting Rules