Ibanez JEM Forum banner
28K views 89 replies 32 participants last post by  kissTheApex 
#1 · (Edited)

#19 ·
the four circles marked with black labeller are knots that i will try to avoid.
Very smart to mark them out with a black marker as ink will have seeped into the maple and you have to take few mm of top of body to get that out.

Best would be using paint thinner to get it off, but all in all not a very smart move.

Use pencil......next time.

#24 ·
Put a DiMarzio Chopper in the neck position - you can wire it like a humbucker. It's an incredible pickup.
thanks Danny... and what about a dimarzio 'fast track 1 or 2'??

i will put a 'fast track 2' on a ibanez RG565 (H S) on neck. but i think that the 'fast track 2' is for bridge position... :?
i will post pics of my rg565 when it is finished in other thread. i want to repaint, change pickups, and fill (cover) one pot hole to have only a volume pot (like a PGM).

regards.

#25 ·
I'm like the FS2 more than the FS1, but think the Chopper blows them all away. I have it in the neck of my Carvin with an H-S configuration (along with a Steve's Special in the bridge) and I love it.

To me, the Chopper is the best of all worlds in the hum-cancelling single coil genre. It's fat like a humbucker, clear and glassy like a single coil, and looks badass in the H-S.

Give it a shot.

Cheers,
Danny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.