<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM

Re: Dean Guitars? Gibson V?

At first Vs can be a bit awkward when sitting, but you get used to having the V sit between your legs and just extend your fretting hand up the neck a bit. In that position, I find that my hands are in a more normal position like playing standing up with the neck facing at an upward angle. When playing sitting, they are great for muting, in my opinion.

I have played Deans and they are good to me. And I'm a Gibson guy...

Insofar as SGs, none of mine are neck heavy. I had an epi 400 some time ago that was, but none of my gibsons are. they play amazing, and the tone is great...

On the Vs, I'd go with whatever plays well for you but you can't go wrong with a Gibson.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM

Reviews: 7

Thanks DeathbyG.
I agree. It's a load of fun to go looking for guitars to own! LOL.. I'm glad I don't have a ton of money as I'd have to buy three houses to house guitars if I did! That said, just a few more guitars would be cool! LOL. I just want enough for every tone I hear in my head..LOL
Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM

I would check out the Edwards lineup. I have an Edwards LPC and it is amazing and would hold up to a Gibson LPC easily.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 AM
(a)

Coming soon in the Rev lineup - the Volcano RA FM.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:47 PM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaas View Post

That looks like a winner to me!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:18 PM
(a)

We currently do it in natural Korina & black... white, tobacco, redburst and blueburst coming soon. See the setnecks at www.reverendguitars.com
Old 12-08-2012, 10:54 AM

Thanks Khas,

I've seen some of those. I guess I need to revist the site which I'll do as soon as I'm finished here. Thanks again. I appreciate it..

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaas View Post

Old 12-08-2012, 11:01 AM

Where may I ask does one find dealers or the website for Edwards guitars? I thought they were made in Japan by ESP or ?
Thanks
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I would check out the Edwards lineup. I have an Edwards LPC and it is amazing and would hold up to a Gibson LPC easily.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
(a)

Reviews: 2

Love these guitars, but that headstock is a serious mismatch for that body!!! reminds me of Albert Kings Gibby V "Lucy".........LOL

@Hoosier- I got the chance to play a new Dean USA Z "Time Capsule". Other than the "DMT" pickups, this guitar is 100% faithful to the original, built by Dean Z, guitars. The originals had DiMarzio super distortions. This guitar was a dream to play. Far outpaced the new Epi and Gibby Explorers that I've played recently. The "V" shaped neck was dead-on...............

Old 12-08-2012, 02:53 PM

Man, I didn't want to say it, but you're right on with the Head stock being a mis match. It just doesn't do justice to the rest of the V. Otherwise, I love it that it's made of Korina, etc, and the features..

That said, I'm a huge Dean lover at least with the first US deans I saw in mthe 70's and 80's. I always had a thing for those guitars. I had the chance many, many years ago to get a Dean V by the guitarist for John Cougar Melloncamp (Larry Crane) who is from my hometown of Seymour In, and his mother had a guitar shop here. He used to teach there, and he sold a Dean V to a friend of mine that had a custom pickup made by Larry Dimarzio (he told me that anyway) in it. I wanted that guitar, but it was too much money at the time at like 500 bucks, and I didn't like the color which was RED!!!! Man, I'd give twice that much for it now in a second..LOL

Anyway, I loved that guitar.. Dean had this other USA guitar that's all black with a Real Floyd made in the stats and I can't remember the name of it, but it was all black with cool chrome pickups and hardware. I wish I could fine one because they were not that expensive for an American guitar made by Dean really. Just looked cool too, but the clincher for me is those necks! That V neck just fits me.. and all V's are cool.. :-)
Old 12-08-2012, 02:57 PM
(a)

Couple of quick notes on the Volcano:

- Agreed...however, this is a computer mockup, I'll post some actual photos closer to NAMM. In person, the headstock doesn't seem quite so large..
- ...and - we like it. The sides taper "in" to the end, like the V body. It works in person, trust me..
Old 12-08-2012, 03:04 PM

Oops. I lied. It was a Dean ML DCR. One of 100. Has Chrome EMG's which I've never seen. Anyway, I think I found a price of like 1600 bucks which I thought was a pretty cool price for everything this guitar has and it's made in the States.
Tim
Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Thanks Khas. I'll have to check them out. Were are those guitars made my I ask? I see they are at least setup in the states it looks like. I love the Raised center section. Hope it's ok to ask those questions here.. If not, someone please tell me and I"ll ask in private.. Just wondering though.> :-)
Old 12-08-2012, 06:14 PM
(a)

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
Thanks Khas. I'll have to check them out. Were are those guitars made my I ask? I see they are at least setup in the states it looks like. I love the Raised center section. Hope it's ok to ask those questions here.. If not, someone please tell me and I"ll ask in private.. Just wondering though.> :-)
It's ok to talk about it in your own thread. Ken is a great guy (Khaas) that I'm sure will be glad to share what info he can, being that were still pre-namm.

When it comes to Reverend guitars, don't read too much into their point of manufacture. They're incredibly well built guitars, with QC and customer service departments that are second to none. If you have interest in ANY models, they're MORE than worth taking a few good looks at.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:21 PM
(a)

Naylor does all the designs here, then we build in S Korea at Mirr Music Co LTD. We then bring all the guitars thru home base outside of Detroit, MI and do all the QC, sn, and set up..

Tags
dean, gibson or eclipse owners?

Show/Hide Posting Rules