Ibanez JEM Forum banner

DOJ raids Gibson factory

Tags
custom gibson
2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Jay.Lucas 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Understood. I will in the future. Let me know if this is too far, but I WOULD like to see proof of the allegations. Otherwise, this is a huge disruption in production that will undoubtedly affect musicians. In the article it states how a man asked how to go about the correct paperwork for moving his pianos. This lead the government to send a dozen agents after him? I understand that this would technically be considered smuggling (if it's ivory or endangered woods). But it's kind of preposterous to think that someone with an instrument that's over 30 years old or even more can have their instrument simply taken away from them forever and never have a chance to get it back. To hear that makes me very sad.

#11 ·
I think its ridiculous and intrusive. Like counterfeit instruments, IMO the best law enforcement comes at the earliest stages of production. If Gibson bought restricted wood that's one thing, but more emphasis should be placed on getting the people that sell them the wood. Asking the consumer to police the industry is just ridiculous. In a globalized economy how to you verify the source of EVERY single part used on your instrument?!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.