Floyd RoseŽ Licensed JacksonŽ Low Profile JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo - Jemsite
Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Floyd RoseŽ Licensed JacksonŽ Low Profile JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo

hi all,

i am currently hanging on a Jackson RR3 Pro Series with the above mentioned floating trem. i wonder if a Gotoh or Ibanez Edge trem can retrofit into the RR3's body?

please advise.

regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 02:05 PM

Re: Floyd RoseŽ Licensed JacksonŽ Low Profile JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo

an original floyd rose will fit, which makes me think that a gotoh will also fit (meaning that of ibanez trems, only some trs variants will fit - which you don't want). your best bet would be to ask (or search) on jcfonline.com 's forums.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 04:53 PM

Re: Floyd RoseŽ Licensed JacksonŽ Low Profile JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo

You are not getting an Ibanez trem in there without routing. Your best bet is the OFR.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

OFR seems like a feasible option. I considered that too. Gotta check with my local dealer.

If all else fails, I will turn to the Gotoh trem featured on UniversalJem.

Last edited by neuro182; 04-26-2007 at 01:30 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 06:22 PM

IMO- OFR > Any Ibanez Tremolo. But thats just me. I say go for the OFR.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 08:13 PM

Reviews: 120

Go the Gotoh, best value trem and maybe even better than the OFR. Plenty will agree with me. Comes with locking studs too like the older Ibanez trems.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Go the Gotoh, best value trem and maybe even better than the OFR. Plenty will agree with me. Comes with locking studs too like the older Ibanez trems.
yeaps.. i will probably be heading in the Gotoh direction, but i am afraid it won't retrofit the Jackson JT580-LP..
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 06:35 PM

Reviews: 120

It's based on the OFR so it should fit. The trem block may be a little long and stick out the rear cavity a little, but you can always buy a shorter block if you really want to put the cavity cover back on.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

hmm, my friends recommended me the gotoh trem. i tried on my friend's ibanez s540 before. not too bad.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 11:10 PM

Anything other than Jackson's LFR's. I've never messed with a Jackson LFR that I liked.

Anyways, I'd tell you to try and find a Ping LFR. I love Ping's trems.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Ping's LFR?

Woah, I am new to this Ping brand.. Any website?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 10:15 AM

Schaller Floyd copies are excelent, and tend to be a bit warmer than the OFR's. Gotoh trems are also on par with the OFR's. Both are cheaper.

Definately get rid of the Jackson LFR, as they are renowned for their tuning instability.

Good luck with the refit neuro182.

Rock on!

Tags
cavity cover , edge trem , floyd rose , ibanez edge trem , ibanez trem , ibanez tremolo , locking stud , locking studs , trem block

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode