Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Help with Kramer Project

5K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  scottop1972 
#1 ·

I managed to buy a kramer focus 4000 dirt cheap from a guy strapped for cash. Only problem is it's the ugliest guitar I've just about seen. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it (should i restore it to it's original or should I customize it) I can paint any design on it either the sky is the limit. What do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
What do YOU think? It's your guitar, you have to play it, and you have to look at it. Now, if it was mine--I'd refinish it into something really cool. Those Vanguards are decent guitars, so you won't be wasting your time. I think you should go all 80s on that monster--get it back into it's original vibe. Don't go with the original red, though--too common. Paint that sucker neon purple, neon yellow, or something you don't see very often--neon blue.

#9 ·
I bought it for 100 bucks even (mostly for the original floyd rose). I've gotten pretty good at refinishing guitars but the body is worthless unless it's patched up and painted. The neck is amazing except for some fret wear. The pickups are sub-par and the guy didn't even use solder to make connections just electrical tape and open wires so that crap had to come out (even tape for the ground lol) The floyd rose is in better condition then most other 80's guitars. One problem is he used deck screws and random screws he probly just found to put some of the parts on. Ima prbly do a ridiculous paint job on it then put some new pots in and that's prbly it. I'm thinking like a silver back black sillouhettes on top with a candy blue over that. alaskabat just made me reallize u never see alot of blue guitars anymore.

#27 ·
GREAT job -- now you can put it up for sale and get some attention! and hopefully some $$$ -- i believe a lot of those Kramer Focus parts were made by ESP at first, then later La-Si-Do in Canada......so they are not "crappy" parts......and that's a really nice finish job with a real floyd......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.