Ibanez JEM Forum banner

I need sustain, and I'm prepared to buy anything.

6K views 57 replies 23 participants last post by  JimmyJazz 
#1 ·
Clue's in the thread title folks.

I'm finding myself annoyed and disappointed with the lack of sustain to be found on my otherwise excellent ibanez guitars.

I played an LTD Eclipse the other day that, granted, through a nice amp, and live rather than through my home recording setup, seemed to sustain for days.

What guitars should I check out? I intend on spending a day auditioning every guitar I can find for the best sustain I can get. Budget can be massaged, but around the £500 mark.

I'm really not fussed about anything apart from having a beautiful, long natural sustain. I *WILL* sacrifice these other requirements to get it, but it would be ideal if I could also get:

Double Cutaway
Low profile bridge (TOMs are not normally my thing, too high off the body)
Neckthrough
Fixed Bridge
25.5" Scale Length or longer.
Not EMG pickups (But again, I will bend on this)

See less See more
#51 ·
I remember, back when guitarists used to practice, there was this technique called "infinite sustain". I wouldn't skip the technique part. That does not mean you got a bad technique, but you could have a technique that works better with some setups than others. For me, I can't play with low action, nor with low frets. Just doesn't work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.