Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jackson Concept JSX-94? - European readers bump into this gu

16K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Tyrantblood 
#1 ·
This guitar was presented to me by my father before he went up the river for photoshoped Mary Kate and Ashley hardcore ****
fakes as a "sub-200 dollar piece of (#2.)"

I couldn't disagree more. I slapped in a PAF Pro, and some no-name single coil I had lying around in the neck, and now have a hard rockn', sweet playing  shred unit with ridiculously low action and a wide range of tones.

Ahem... please forgive the gratuitous guitar catalog-speak.

After playing only my UV7BK for `bout 10 years, now,  this thing feels like a coffee stirrer in my hands. It's just a tiny, effortless little neck. I almost feel like I'm cheating, like I'm ridding a girl's bike or something. It's a bolt-on, with what looks like a Soloist's body, their usual crappy Jackson Floyd, and plesantly odd, tiny, off-center dots on a rosewood fingerboard and maple neck.
It doesn't buzz, it stays in tune, and it sounds great.
I'm really pleased with it, and wonder if anyone out there has encountered this particular model?

Did I get a great fluke, or was Pa just cranky `bout the whole prison-rape thing?

As it's serial # is not at the Jackson site, I'm suspecting it was released in Europe.  Info seems hard to come by, but when you Google "Jackson JSX-94 ", you get a lot of  web pages that are written in Klingon.

A Jackson JSX-94 isn't some sort of warhead, is it?

Keen gee-tar, anyway.

See less See more
#3 ·
Jackson Concept JSX-94?

Well well well I have been playing guitar all my life and lemmi tell you I rescued a Jackson JSX-94 concept from a shelf in a pawnshop, it was there staring from under some power tools . I took one look and new it was gonna be mine. and you are so correct, this guitar plays like no other... hate to say this but I have played the best and the worst and this guitar plays so slutty yet beautiful ,,,,,its a treasure to behold ...and you can take her home to mother....

#4 ·
Jackson Concept JSX-94?

I've got one that I am trying to sell! I got mine in a pawn shop too.

But you're right about it. What a funny body though - it like a mutt - half S series and half Soloist. The neck on mine is almost raw, almost feels like an oiled finish.

The pickups in it were terrbile until I dropped a DiMarzio MegaDrive in it and it sounds great.

#5 ·
Jackson Concept JSX-94?

1s2m ~ I think these were among the Japanese "transition" models from when they were switching the Japanese Charvel line to Jackson back in the early '90s... There were several real nice guitars to come out of that 18 month period - all "Concept" guitars - and any of them make an excellent upgrade platform. I've always thought of them as equivalent to a good RG550 in the quality stakes... I like the fact that most of them have real Schaller FRIIs, too! Anyway, I don't think you'll find any of the early Japanese serial numbers on Jackson's site, which is why yours isn't there...

#6 ·
Jackson Concept JSX-94?

Kirk, are you ytsejam on eBay? Is that yours?

There's another one up with a buy it now of $129. I was racking my brain for a reason to buy it, but I still need to thin the herd a little... ;-)

I'd like that trem to replace the one on my Yamaha Pacifica 921 (awesome guitar, crappy trem; remind you of anyone we know? ;-) ) but I'm not sure if it'll fit. And parting out would be a hassle.

#9 ·
Jackson Concept JSX-94?

Um, did they change the bridge mid-production or something? I have the body of a JDR-94 (dinky reverse version), and the bridge that came out of it was schaller shaped, but not schaller made. Pot metal saddles.

There's a pattern here, JSX is a Stealth, JDR a dinky rev., etc.. The Concepts were all made in 94 as a pre-prodution for the Performer series. Though, I don't think they made a Performer Stealth model.. :(

Not a bad guitar, after I did all kinds of work to it, but I can't justify keeping it. It just sits in the corner collecting dust. Gonna go in the classifieds, then on Ebay. :( I don't have the original neck though..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.