<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:36 AM

Jackson Kelly KE3

My New Guitar (Got it 31st January)

I love this guitar! The Seymour Duncan pickups sound great through my Valveking.

Planning on replacing the Jackson Licenced floyd for a OFR soon.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:46 AM

Re: Jackson Kelly KE3

Waw! Great!

She got amazing reviews when revamped to get original SD pickups.

Is the color transparent black?
Old 02-10-2008, 09:54 AM

Reviews: 6

Nice one dude. It looks great in trans black. I used to have one in trans red. I wasn't all that crazy about standard finishes and some of the graphics were lame. She was my first flamed finish. Anyways, a neck doesn't get more comfterble than that. Nice flat back with a slightly rounded counter. Anyways, i miss her a bit, but i didn't like having to balance the neck while playing. My B.C. Rich's were prone to worst neck dive, but i am more of a Strat. All my current axes, save for my Les Paul, are all strats. Anyways, here's a picture of mine. And trust me, as for the OFR thing, the original trem isn't that bad, but the OFR will work wonders and make this axe all work while. Flutter, sustain and tuning stability will increase threefold. I also took the bridge out and installed a Breed.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:42 PM

No tone knob? Strange. But I like it (would prefer a different finish, but it's yours not mine). My bro has a kelly bass - and he had a tough time finding a stand that would hold it.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:59 PM

My suitemate has an Kelly KE3, pretty sweet guitar. I'd definitely swap the pickups if yours came with the duncan designs, though.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinco View Post
Waw! Great!

She got amazing reviews when revamped to get original SD pickups.

Is the color transparent black?
Yep the colour is Transparent Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Nice one dude. It looks great in trans black. I used to have one in trans red. I wasn't all that crazy about standard finishes and some of the graphics were lame. She was my first flamed finish. Anyways, a neck doesn't get more comfterble than that. Nice flat back with a slightly rounded counter. Anyways, i miss her a bit, but i didn't like having to balance the neck while playing. My B.C. Rich's were prone to worst neck dive, but i am more of a Strat. All my current axes, save for my Les Paul, are all strats. Anyways, here's a picture of mine. And trust me, as for the OFR thing, the original trem isn't that bad, but the OFR will work wonders and make this axe all work while. Flutter, sustain and tuning stability will increase threefold. I also took the bridge out and installed a Breed.

Nice Kelly! The Transparent Red looks great!

Is that the new Fender EVH amp in the picture with the Kelly? if it is, How does it play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinMmmmm View Post
No tone knob? Strange. But I like it (would prefer a different finish, but it's yours not mine). My bro has a kelly bass - and he had a tough time finding a stand that would hold it.
I like that the guitar has no tone knob. I never use the tone knob anyway. I'm also having a bit of a hard time trying to find a stand that will hold it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
My suitemate has an Kelly KE3, pretty sweet guitar. I'd definitely swap the pickups if yours came with the duncan designs, though.
The pickups in the guitar are Seymour Duncans. No need to swap them out They sound awesome.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:19 PM

Reviews: 6

Quote:

Nice Kelly! The Transparent Red looks great!

Is that the new Fender EVH amp in the picture with the Kelly? if it is, How does it play?
yep. It the 5150 III. Great amp. solid tones. Usable crunch channel. A bit less gain than the original 5150 from Peavey, but more usable amount of gain. 3 seperate EQ's which is cool. 14 tubes!!!! Very loud amp. Also it can sound identical to Eddie. I recommend it, but it's a tad bit pricey and there are much better amps in the price ranges below the EVH III.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:18 AM

OMG I just bought the same guitar!

I'll post a pic as soon as I have 10 posts...
Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 AM

Reviews: 130

Nice score--I love the Kelly--starting to wish I hadn't sold mine...
Old 02-08-2010, 09:45 PM

For what it is worth I installed an OFR on my Jackson Trans Blue Dinky DK-2 Pro...huge difference!

The guitar sounds so much better even unplugged.

Beautiful guitar you have there brother
Old 02-08-2010, 11:37 PM

Nice Guitar
Old 02-09-2010, 03:39 AM

Reviews: 11

Congrats. That's a very nice guitar.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:06 PM

sorry for the late reply, First time I've been on here in a long time!!

No longer have the Kelly :-( Had to sell it at the time as my car broke down and needed a new engine (which I never got as the whole car ended up ****ting itself).

I do regret selling it, it played great and sounded great! The shape was a bit weird with me at the time but I wish I kept it long enough to get used to it!!

Tags
duncan pickups, evh amp, les paul, seymour duncan, seymour duncan pickups, seymour duncans

Show/Hide Posting Rules