<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 08:48 AM

Re: Lets bash the strat

Saying Fender should offer a 24 frett Strat with a floyd and better fret access is like saying Ibanez should offer an RG with 22 vintage frets, SSS configuration and a six screw vintage style trem.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez2005
why not offer it as an option?
It wouldn't be an option, it would be a different model. They have produced instrument along the design lines you suggest, any they were failures and so have been dropped. The Strat has a huge following and still sells well (best selling electric perhaps?) so clearly there is a market for it as it is.
Yes the variation on it across the range are limited, but there are probably more variants of the Strat on sale than pretty much any other production model.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:10 AM

whoever disses the fender strat has never owned one or never played one, or never been good enough to get the sounds that consume you out of it.

The strat is a beautiful instrument, i own a lot of strats and a lof of RG`s My strats have lots of pickup configs, i always thought the strats were a country/blues guitar, until i played a friends MIJ strat, the action was better than my RG, the sound was more versatile, and the tuning was perfectly stable with the strat, for a gig ready guitar, the strat wins hands down, to tune perfectly and intonate well so fast is so valuable, plus if you break a string your guitar stays in. I love the humbucking sound of my RG`s but i love the strat sound too, they are different guitars aimed at different areas,

the rg is okm but cleans, the strat wins, full distorted 80`s shred lead runs, the rg wins, for neo classical shred, they are even, for blues, the strat wins, for versatility the strat wins, faster neck, rg wins, more usable sound, strat wins.

I love my RG`s, but my strats atre gonna hold their value a whole lot better.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:35 AM
(a)

Anyone who knows anything knows Fender did offer Floating trems, slimmer necks and (I think) even 24 fret necks and they didn't sell. It's not what the average strat player wants. Personally I don't 24 fret necks, and high output pickups aren't for everyone. People buy and play strats because they want a strat, not because they want something that's trying to be an Ibanez.
Access to the upper frets on a strat doesn't seem to be a problem for Yngwie, EJ, Mark Knopfler, and about a million other people.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:40 AM

Nice collection JimmyJ! What you have there is something I would like to have one day - a nice, varied set that has a blend between modern (RG) and vintage (strat) style guitars. I must say that HSH is my favourite pickup combination in terms of tone and versatility, but IMO, everyone who wants a more "aged" tone should have a SSS guitar, more specifically a strat

If you don't want that kind of tone, you don't have to get the guitar. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm all too happy that fender hasn't strayed too much in the HSH/Ibanez territory. For the most part, they're sticking with what they're good at, and what's even better for the buyer, me, is that I can get a GOOD HSH guitar from Ibanez and a GOOD SSS guitar from Fender - I'm not limited to one brand, and I go to each for its specialty.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:57 AM

I own a strat mate, and i wish i'd never bought it, for £1200 i could have got two ibanez prestige's for that. And value? Mines worth about half what i bought it for, but i could sell my Ibanez's for a least what i bought em for. Unless you own an original 50's, 60's or 70's Fender, you wont get your money back on em.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Well i owned a fender mustang, turquiose colour, what a piece of crap. It didnt come setup, stock pickups were weak as hell and it sounded rubbish too. Owned a Jazz and a Precision too and they were good, got a '77 Mustang Bass which is good but dont sound great cos its short scale.
Fender should think about bringing the Strat up to modern times, 24 fret neck, better upper fret access, better, powerful pickups and a decent variation on the Floyd Rose. And i know more about Fenders than you think mate.
There is Fender Showmaster.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:21 AM

I know, not exactly the most famous guitar in the world. All the other fender models are a bit of a disapointment really. The Performer?, The Katana?, Bass V?. One of the few decent ones i tried was the Talon. 12 String strat is nice too, Japanese quality is top notch.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:40 AM

I had a Fender Performer, once.............................once.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:17 PM

I fancy a strat just for something different, in the same way i bought a les paul. When I get my strat, its gonna get humbuckers so that i can still do what i do on my rg's with it.

I'll either get a strat with a floyd rose or not, i dont care, if it doesnt have a floyd, i'll use it like i use my les paul.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:26 PM

Aswell as my Malmsteen strats I've got a USA 'Special Edition' Floyd Strat with Dimarzio Paf Pro's (h/s/h), original floyd rose, 22 fret maple neck (scalloped) and vintage white body/pearloid pickguard. I play that more than my 7vwh

I think Fender should release more of these special run models but generally as annoying as it may be, MOST people (including purists) don't see the 'hot rodded' strats as REAL strats so there not really in much demand in general .. if someone wants a hot-rodded, floyd equipt strat .. their more than likely going to go for a Ibanez or Jackson ..
Old 05-29-2006, 03:45 PM

Ibanez totally overshadow many U.S guitar makers IMO, the quality is second to none.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:23 PM

US quality on Fender is nowhere near close to justify their prices IMO, but its still quite good. Also, their MIM quality is just outstanding considering prices - Standard MIM Strat for example - one of the best guitars for the price.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Ibanez totally overshadow many U.S guitar makers IMO, the quality is second to none.
LMAO!
Old 05-29-2006, 05:29 PM

Quote:
omg I rest my case.
Closed Thread

Tags
acoustic guitar, alder bodied, alternate tuning, alternate tunings, brian moore, coil pickup, coil tap, custom guitar, custom shop, david mccarroll, death metal, dimarzio paf, dimarzio paf pro, electric guitar, eric johnson, fender strat, fender strats, fixed bridge, flamed maple, floating trems, floyd rose, fret access, fret maple, fret maple neck, fret neck, fret necks, fretboard wood, gibson les paul, guitar playing, guitar shop, headstock shape, heavy metal, high output pickups, humbucker sound, ibanez guitars, ibanez jem, jack plate, jeff beck, jimi hendrix, lace sensor, lace sensors, leo fender, les paul, les paul studio, les pauls, local guitar shop, locking nut, locking nuts, locking tuners, mahogany body, malmsteen strat, maple neck, maple necks, mark knopfler, mexican strat, mij strat, monkey grip, neck joint, neck joints, neck pickup, neck position, neck radius, neck shape, noiseless pickups, output pickup, paf pro, parker fly, parker fly deluxe, paul reed, paul reed smith, pearloid pickguard, pickup combination, pickup cover, pink floyd, production model, prs guitar, prs guitars, reed smith, richie kotzen, squier strat, squire strat, stevie ray, strat sound, strat tone, truss rod, upper fret, upper fret access, upper frets, vintage style trem, yngwie strat

Show/Hide Posting Rules