<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 AM
(a)

New Reverend Guitars Website / NAMM stuff

Hey everyone -

Day 1 of NAMM this year we launched 5 new models and a new website that we've been working on for over a year:

www.reverendguitars.com

I try to refrain from talking about my business too much here - but I'm excited to finally have this done. Check out the new Kingbolt model. The first production Rev with no pickguard.

http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/kingbolt-ra/

Thanks for looking - thoughts and comments always welcome.

BTW - while I was at the show I traded a guy from Japan a new Rev for a PGM500. NGD pics coming when I have a chance.

Also - Our booth was next to FGN (fugijen) this year, and I made some new friends over there. The quality of thier builds is fantastic.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:32 PM

Reviews: 15

Re: New Reverend Guitars Website / NAMM stuff

Totally diggin' the army green kingbolt with the maple neck. Any particular reason for not direct mounting the pickups since there's no pickguard?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:16 PM

Reviews: 120

Very cool! Was that your new super-strat model you were talking about earlier? I'd still love to review some Reverends if you are still interested too.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:31 PM

Reviews: 6

I've always dug the vibe and look of these guitars, have never gotten a chance to play one. Some day hopefully.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:03 AM
jono  is online

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaas View Post
www.reverendguitars.com

I try to refrain from talking about my business too much here - but I'm excited to finally have this done. Check out the new Kingbolt model. The first production Rev with no pickguard.
My own view (and not necessarily that of the site) is that you're a valued member of the community first and foremost (anyone with the PMC/GMC double bill you have gets extra kudos and probably understands why the site was set up in the firstplace!).

The fact that you happen to work at a different guitar company is almost incidental and I reckon if one of you competitors had a great new website then more than likely you'd participate in a discussion about them too.

Personally I'd love to see more Revs over here in the UK as i've not seen them on sale locally!

Oh and my fave is the Six Gun, but I'd like to see it with a high spec modern T-style bridge
Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 AM

You guys are doing some cool stuff over there. When do these street? Gotta tell ya, that Bayonet W in the Satin Rock Orange has my pulse a little elevated. Very cool guitar. What's the likelihood that a guy could get one of those in the Tobaccoburst finish ala the Warhawk II or even better with a flame top in tobaccoburst? (Says the guy with a custom build currently in progress....sheesh, I have a problem)

Re: Fugijen - I've always been so curious about their own brand, and have considered importing one a couple of times. Some very cool designs, and they have some beautiful finishes. Nice to hear that their build quality is what I'd expect it to be. Seems strange to me that they were at NAMM though since they don't have US distribution...is that normal, or are thy looking to bring their own brand over to the states?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:30 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverctr View Post
Totally diggin' the army green kingbolt with the maple neck. Any particular reason for not direct mounting the pickups since there's no pickguard?
Joe Naylor likes the look of the pickup rings - and he doesn't feel there's much of a tonal difference to speak of. I know many feel differently, of course. I personally could go either way.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:36 PM
(a)

Lone - that's the one. I've got an Orange Pearl / Maple neck / Zebra pickup prototype sitting here with me. I love it. It's a little "creamy" so in poroduction we'll go with more of a burnt orange....

Thanks Jono, appreciated. Vintage & Modern Guitars in Thames stocks us well, and we've been doing alot better over there since Reeves Gabrels joined the Cure.

Daylight - every streets between 749-1399 (Rick Vito & Pete Anderson hollowbody on the high end) Kingbolts & Bayonets are in the 899-999 range. For production reasons I don't do custom builds, but you never know what the future will bring.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaas View Post
Lone - that's the one. I've got an Orange Pearl / Maple neck / Zebra pickup prototype sitting here with me. I love it. It's a little "creamy" so in poroduction we'll go with more of a burnt orange....
That sounds awesome, I bet it'll look even better with the burnt orange. Zebra pickups are perfect for this sort of axe.

I've never seen any Reverends in Australia. I'd love to check them out though.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:15 AM
(a)

555 Music in Melbourne brings them in.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM

I'm a long way from Melbourne though. Hard to test one out to review.

Tags
bayonet, jetstream, kingbolt, reverend, sensei

Show/Hide Posting Rules