New strat color/ color combo. - Need your input - Jemsite
Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

New strat color/ color combo. - Need your input

Hello, I currently own a USA floyd rose classic strat. H/S/S config. Plays unlike any other strat I have ever touched in my life..Which is quite a few. Took out the PAF pro that came with it and got a duncan custom custom. Problem: It is possibly the ugliest guitar ever. It is a cremeish yellow. Turtle shell pickguard, the knobs and pickup covers are all white with the exception of the duncan...So as you can imagine it is quite horrid. But i LOVE its feel and sound.

Recently I met a guy who painted guitars as a hobby. (He paints custom cars for a living, and has DAMN GOOD work.) He said he will paint the guitar for around a buck fifty...which seems like a decent price considering his work is seriously sweet. So i have been considering all the different color combos, and this is by far one being heavily considered.

Body painted Navy Blue Metallic ( as seen on the 98+ camaros and firebirds). Mirror pickguard and black knobs and pickup covers.

Black body, with same mirror pickguard and black knobs.

That is really the only combos I can come up with.....

Yeah I am a sucker for a UV777BK and own one...love that combination...but the NBM might spice up the looks.

Sugguestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 06:46 AM

New strat color/ color combo.

Turn it into a Charvel "Green Meany"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 07:38 AM

Personally, i think mirrored pickguards are totally cheesy.

On a navy blue strat, i'd put on a white pearloid pickguard and either white pickups and knobs if you're into a more classic look, or black pickups and chrome dome knobs if you're into more of a Tom Anderson look.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 08:56 AM

Here's what I think would look cool. *

That's a mirrored blue pickguard.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 07:06 PM

I think black Strat's with rosewood fingerboards, black pearloid pickguard & white pickups and knobs look really good. But you have a black pickup now, right? I would go with the black & mirror guard, I love that look too.

Tags
black pickups , classic strat , dome knobs , floyd rose , mirrored pickguard , paf pro , pearloid pickguard , pickup cover , rosewood fingerboard , white pearloid pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode