Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD. Now this is something a little unique.

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  FrostStorm 
#1 ·
Just got this one yesterday on a trade. It is an 09 EBMM Steve Morse BFR rosewood neck model. Even better than that it is a one off. It is the only Morse built in this color with a rosewood neck. Actually it may be the only Morse in this color period. The color is called Olive Gold and I love it. The thing is like brand new mint and is flawless. I know it's complete origins and it was previously owned by two guys who keep their axes pristine. Acoustically this is probably the loudest most resonant electric guitar I have played. The neck is just fantastic. Feels like butter. Plugged in it sounds equally as great. When I got my Y2D I fell in love with the Morse pickups and in this guitar they are just as great. Although even though the switching is more complicated it has a wider variety of tones on tap. It is also a bit fatter and warmer sounding with more depth to the tone than the Y2D. I would say it's due to the fact it has the rosewood neck and also that it doesn't have a maple cap like the Y2D does. I am in love with it. Here are some pics:

See less See more
#10 ·
Firstly, I love the look of this guitar, very classy.

Secondly, this sort of find is one of the reasons I love the internet and sites like this. We'd never get to learn about these sorts of one offs if it wasn't for this type of board. thanks for sharing. I just love to see rare versions of our favourite guitars cropping. It's even better when they end up in the hands of folks who'll really appreciate them :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.