<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:27 AM

Reviews: 1

NGD: vigier kaos content

Hello and everybody welcome my new vigier Kaos!!!! ENJOY!!!!!

This thing plays like absolute butter, its insane!!!!! The stainless steel frets are absolutely stunning, so little friction it feels like like im going to snap the string when I bend them. The finish on the neck is something that has to be felt to be believed, its like velvet.

The neck profile is perfect, like my mayones but more rounded, and the flame is subtle but noticeable. the 2011 tremolo on roller bearings is great, im no fan of trems but I used to use a lot of floyds and this is easily as good as a floyd.

the pickups are wonderful, the bridge is quite sharp and attacky without being to powerful or loud, the neck is really warm without sounding muddy. I havent quite got the hang of the kill switch. Through a clean amp, the split coils tones nearly made we wee, they were soo sharp and full of meaning through my laney LC30.

Acoustically its very loud, through an amp it sustains as well as my mayones setius (a stringthrough mahogany lump) and evem more amazing considering its specs.

The quality is. well, vigier!! I bought this as an ex-demo and its its great shape. It has apparently been in a case in a store room for the last few months. Theres some light polish swirls but thats about it.

After all this though, im not definitely sure, ill keep it as im gassing hard for another mayones, a 7 string regius in white! You may see a FS thread soon.

Though for the time being happy NGD to me!!!!!!

Thanks
Dommo
Old 12-26-2012, 05:52 AM

Re: NGD: vigier kaos content

Congrats, nice looking guitar. Vigier quality usually stacks up very well also so that should just keep giving!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:09 AM

Simple, elegant...awesome
Old 12-26-2012, 08:11 AM

questions: what are the 2 metal pieces behind the headstock? also what brand are the tuners?

I heard they use heavy tuners to increase sustain and it works very good.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertay View Post
questions: what are the 2 metal pieces behind the headstock? also what brand are the tuners?

I heard they use heavy tuners to increase sustain and it works very good.
Hey mate

The two metal studs on the back of the 'stock are the anchors for the active string trees. (very cleaver design, it uses ball ends off guitars strings)

All the hardware is vigier brand, but I heard somewhere thats its all made by Schaller. (someone correct me if im wrong but thats what I know)

Yes the thumb wheel for locking the strings on the tuners are huge ahahaha
Old 12-26-2012, 11:48 AM

wow I didn't even notice the string trees until you mentioned, nice idea indeed!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:07 PM

This is a really great engineered guitar. (I love it as thats my profession)

Looks pretty basic but the quality and playability of it is profound!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:47 AM
(a)

Reviews: 10

looks pretty basic, yes, but also classy - very nice guitar!!! I have never seen a vigier in real life but I have heard that they are very nice guitars...congratulations!!!

Tags
kaos, ngd, vigier

Show/Hide Posting Rules