Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD: Yamaha RGX110

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Hurricane Kid 
#1 ·
This is the bargain basement guitar I got for a live backup guitar just incase one of my IBYs goes down mid gig - which happened last saturday night!
It sure ain't a J-Custom but for £46 it ain't that bad at all. Nice neck, sounds suprisingly nice even with the stock pickup and after a bit of tweaking the action is pretty low. The main thing that bugged me about it though was the jack socket - straight out of the front of the guitar, which didn't really appeal to me. There were also a few cracks in the paint around the jack socket too, so I decided to put in a strat jack plate (as well as a kill switch) which makes it look better and is more practical IMO. Here's some before and after photos

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah - I agree about the trem, I'm not a fan of trad strat bridges either. I may put in a hardtail bridge a bit later. I was thinking of sanding the paint off the neck, re-finishing the body etc, but then I only got it for practical reasons so am not sure I want to spend too much time on it.
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.