Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Opinions on a potential trade?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jallen 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I need your opinions on this one. I've got an Indonesian made RG220B in 9.8/10 condition. It's got Prestige V7 and V8 pickups.

I'm thinking of trading it for a late 80's - early 90's Peavey G 90 that was made in the USA.

It's got some paint chips and is missing the locking pads for the Floyd at the neck, truss rod cover, and trem spring covers as well. The cavity covers are not a big deal to me because I can just make new ones thanks to projectguitar.com.

Anyway, if anyone has any information on the G 90, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to know what sort of Floyd is on there. I know it is a licensed Floyd, but I'm wondering if it is a good one.

Thanks,

Andrew

#3 ·
Yeah...I'm really thinking about doing it. I need to source some replacement locking nut pads though..I wonder if I can use some from my parts bucket...

I saw some reviews that say the G90 is on par with some higher end MIJ Ibanez guitars and better than newer MIJ Jacksons. I'll be the judge of that I suppose. Regardless, it sounds like a pretty sweet guitar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.