Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Palm bay guitars-Someone knows where to find

12K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  asix 
#1 ·
Hi

Recently I find one english made guitar label that are making guitars from 1990 but I never heard about this label, but some models seems quite cool.
I email to the company to know more about the guitars, specs, etc... because may I will be interested if also I could test one of these to buy one. I like in special the Cyclone P7 model and the Tidalwave that seems to be out of production now. It´s quite strange but now at the moment they have only 2 models available and don´t like me so much the finishes in two tones. So... anyone have one or tested??? How about materials and electronics??? How about the playability and quality??

Here are some of the guitars mentioned above:

Cyclone P7

Tidalwave

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi again

Thanks Ibanezking... I was emailing the company asking about the Cyclone and the Tidalwave specifications and rates of course, and the more important where I could find any store with the models... and I only obtain this as a reply. Very short, any word of introduction.... nothing serious I´m afraid...

Just get only this on an attached file:

Palm Bay Cyclone P7XR
Specifications:-
Mahogany 55mm thick body with Quilted maple top and multi binding finish.
Maple neck with mahogany and Maple scarfed headstock.
Ebony fingerboard with Abalone Dolphin inlays and trade mark Palm Tree 1st fret inlay. 18 inch Radius.
Nickel chrome frets on a*24 fret fingerboard giving a full 2 octave range.
Gotoh hardware including the licenced Floyd Rose locking tremolo system with a 33mm brass block to aid sustain and ease of extreme tremolo use.
Plateless neck and body joint to aid access to the top frets.
Allen key holder on the rear of the headstock.
Matched pair of*Palm Bay Atlantic alnico magnet*humbucker pickups or a matched pair of DiMarzio B1 pickups designed by DiMarzio for the Palm Bay Cyclone guitar.
Master volume and tone pots both with push/pull function giving coil tap and out of phase facility.
3 Way pickup selector switch which together with the push/pull pots give Eight different sound options.

I´m going to email again asking for the Tidalwave models and the rates that are important to decide in future. But of course... with the political of replying they are saying me lot of things... Keep you inform soon.

Anyway... someone in UK knows any shop or store where I could check at internet or call them to ask for this brand????

Cheers

#5 ·
Fianlly I get one of the old models, in my opinion the Tidalwave are really fines with the old Cyclones too. I score the purpleish Tidalwave one like on the pics. I will post a full review soon... and let you know my impressions ....keep an eye open...

Cheers¡¡¡

Javier

#7 ·
Yep.. sorry for the delay but guitar is currently at guitar tech for repair because arrives with some problems. Guitar was not package properly(only with case) for international and the delivery company allows to ship guitar anyway. In some way of the trip they don´t treat guitar properly and put overweight on the case, deforming this a little and as a result the 2 neck pieces were cracked in the join area with hedastock... so at the moment is on repairing. Hope to get it next week.

I will let you know.

Thanks for the interest.

Javier

#9 ·
Yes... I will have guitar back for the next week... sorry for the delay guys but there were some concernings to be treated with the insurance of the courier... so that´s why have such long delay... I could not see the moment to take it home...

Thanks for the interest I will let you know shortly about the guitar.. just pay attention I will open a new post ok??

Cheers¡¡

Javier

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.