Ibanez JEM Forum banner
54K views 161 replies 30 participants last post by  ma3hhguy 
#1 ·
Here are two photos of my Yamaha Pacifica 604W, in transparent cherry red. I've owned it for nearly a decade, and it's my main guitar.

The pictures were taken with a 6 megapixel Sony Cybershot DSC-500.

I'll post some more pictures soon.

Kind regards,
Myst

See less See more
#115 · (Edited)
Yay for some Yamaha love!

This picture has me curious - a friend of mine that I've lost touch with had a nice Yamaha electric in the same color scheme as the blue one, only with the strat style body. It didn't have the rounded, Fender style headstock, but rather the pointed, almost Ibanez style hadstock.

It had a rosewood fingerbard, 5 way switch, one volume and one tone knob and a pretty slim maple neck. I remember how it sounded - pretty warm and midrangey, so it probably had at least one humbucker.

I like these guitars but know very little about them - oh, this guitar in question is from the early to mid 90's and cost him around $400-500. Anybody have any idea what it may have been?

#98 ·
Okay I'm still learning how to attach pictures to threads, but here is a picture of some of my guitars!

Left to right....

Yamaha RGX A2 - Completly stock, I use very heavy guage strings on this guitar.

Yamaha Pacifica 812S - Also completly stock and the only guitar I own with real songle coils in. This is a fantastic guitar!

Yamaha eterna (black) - Modified quite a bit. Seymour duncan pups - hot rail in the bridge and little 59 in the neck, graphite saddles, the trem is blocked and the guitar has been re-wired more times that I can rember!

Yamaha eterna (paint splatter) - the same as above but with a custom paint job, I did it with, and a single hot rail. One vol and no pup selector!

I really love yamaha guitars, Ive played them all of my guitar playing life. For me they feel really good and I think that the pups you have in them are a matter of preferance....also they are one of the few guitars on the market that are very very good quality and very very well priced.

Chris

#100 ·
Alwin,

The 812 is an awesome guitar I only got it 4 days ago! I haven't put it down since then either....However, the trem is no Lo Pro. I like to play country pedal steel licks and this trem was no good at all for this sort of playing. Also, it was very very sensitive to any pressure that I put on it with my picking hand, I like to anchor my hand to the bridge in this way. So, I blocked the trem off today! I went outside and found a piece of wood, got a saw and cut it to the right size....amazingly it fit! I had to take two of the springs out the back so the trem sit on the wood 100 percent...but it feels awesome now.

I have a 3rd eterna that I painted but she aint finished yet.

Thanks for looking!

Chris

#112 ·
Actually, it does help. Strat necks, depending on the model, tend to be 1-11/16", which is 1.68". Some of the older reissue strats are 1.65 (42mm like the JS series), which sits between the 1-11/16" and 1-5/8" necks. Most Music Man necks, with the exception of the Petrucci, are 1-5/8". For some people, the width at the nut is not a big deal, but for me it is. 1-5/8" is not enough room for me to play comfortably. I was thinking that Yamaha would go with metric measurements, and that they would probably be either 42mm or 43mm(slightly wider than 1-11/16"), but I haven't seen anything that gives in-depth neck specs.

Thanks for the replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.