Ibanez JEM Forum banner
54K views 161 replies 30 participants last post by  ma3hhguy 
#1 ·
Here are two photos of my Yamaha Pacifica 604W, in transparent cherry red. I've owned it for nearly a decade, and it's my main guitar.

The pictures were taken with a 6 megapixel Sony Cybershot DSC-500.

I'll post some more pictures soon.

Kind regards,
Myst

See less See more
#121 ·
Incredible. Those originally come with a Seymour Duncan JB, right? It's a great guitar, chris101. A couple of questions came up, by watching the photo. Namely, is that a Yamaha strap? Can you buy those seperately? I thought they only came with a starter's pack. Also, to what extend can you use that tremolo, without going out of tune? :)

Alwin

#122 ·
Hi, yes it came with the JB and I swapped it out for a breed, the JB sounded too much like high pitched 'crunch' for my tastes, but thats probably down to my amps - I wanted a thicker gain tone. The neck pickup is fantastic btw. The strap is just some cheap Nylon webbing type strap. The trem is great, but the so called locking tuners are not up to the standard of the Sperzel as fitted to the 812v, they do go out of tune unless you wind the string round the post a good few times befre passing it through to lock. It also has a push pull coil tap for the humbuckers. I decided that the 812 wasnt worth the extra cash, as you can buy Sperzels from the US for about $60, and the 812 no longer seems to come with the Wilkinson trem, 2007 onwards have got the same trem as the 612.

#125 ·
Well, here's the 812 in that color. Of course this one has a maple top, and the 612V has an alder top, if I'm not mistaking, so there will be a slight difference, perhaps. But nevertheless, it should give you a good idea of how the red looks. It looks very classy, imo. :)

Alwin

#126 ·
I have used that very guitar - the 812 in Red. Funny thing about it is that the neck felt really big indeed! I dont know if I was just having a 'big neck day' or that it really is that much bigger than my Yamaha's but it was massive. Also, I was not a fan of the tremolo on that guitar either. It felt very cheap indeed and it didn't seem to have much play in it at all....

Anyone got anymore Yamaha pacificas they want to share??

Chris

#127 ·
Really? Dave (Ibanez249) said he felt they were 'stiff' as well, iirc. I haven't tried them. It maybe has to do with the fact they're made in a different factory now. I dunno..

I might get a Yamaha 112v for down tunings. I'd swap the bridge pickup with a cool Seymour Duncan.. I like the silver one but I haven't seen any good pictures of it. It may look different in reality. Anyone here wouldn't have one would they? :)

Alwin

#130 ·
Alwin,

I'd deffinatly get one of those new 112vs they are awesome guitars for the money - and as you said slap a semyour in there and man.....its making me all funny thinking about it! Now, if yamaha were really smart they would do the following, it wouldn't take that much....

1) Release a maple neck version.
2) Release a version with a decent floyed/
3) Do a 'tele' version of the 112. With the option of a maple neck and/or a floyed.
4) While there at it make do a few Michael Lee Firkins types. Reverse Headstock, Flamed maple, 24 frets - you know the drill.

@ Crazy Guitar - awesome guitar man!

Chris

#135 ·
@ Crazy Guitar - awesome guitar man!
Thanks, Big Job!
Now it has a Seymour Duncan JB pickup on bridge position. "Neck coil" white, "bridge coil" black. It looks awsome!!! And plays like a dream, now! (I really love the JB!!!)
And I have also installed some GraphTech string trees. Next step will be a GraphTech nut.

Then... a SD Alnico II Pro on the neck, SD custom stack Alnico52 in the middle and GraphTech string saver saddles. ;)

#132 ·
Well, there's still this Tele style Pacifica you can find in different stores. You can click on the pic for more info.

There is also this natural one. I haven't seen one with an OFR, though.

That's a very interesting link! I'll read through that.

Some people say the 112v blows because it's made in Indonesia, but it looks solid enough to me. In any case I'll only use it for rhythym parts anyway, so.. I'm sure it will sound/play just fine. It think I'll get the silver one. :)

Alwin

#141 ·
Hey man, can you give us a little more information about the guitar? Yamaha are really bad for being informative about the model numbers on their guitars. I have an 812S and its a super tele, there is a picture of it with some of my other yamahas a little back in this thread. Mine is blue, 24 frets, a floyed rose and DiMarzio pups. I can't tell you anything about the guitar other than that! They are certiantly very good instruments....please post some pictures I'd like to see her!

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.