Ibanez JEM Forum banner
54K views 161 replies 30 participants last post by  ma3hhguy 
#1 ·
Here are two photos of my Yamaha Pacifica 604W, in transparent cherry red. I've owned it for nearly a decade, and it's my main guitar.

The pictures were taken with a 6 megapixel Sony Cybershot DSC-500.

I'll post some more pictures soon.

Kind regards,
Myst

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Yes they are. They are Alnico Vs. Perhaps I can post a video of me playing this thing, later on. So you can hear what it sounds like. It's a very versatile guitar. :)

I'm also going to get one in transparent blue, and with a Floyd rose original in the future. I don't know which pickups I'm going to have put in that one yet, though.

Myst

#5 ·
Thanks. :)

It has a few nicks and dings here and there, but they don't show up on the photo. I you look closely, though, you can see that a bit of paint is chipped off on the right side of the Wilkinson. That's from whammy bar abuse.

But that's about it. It's still in very good condition. Yamahas are great. :)

Myst

#6 ·
Very nice, always liked the look/shape of Pacifica's.

A Pacifica 012 was my first guitar, and it was great to learn on. It had great build quality, a nice comfortable neck, good pickups. I wouldn't mind trying one of the higher-end models one day, just as a comparison if nothing else. But the 012 and 112 models are fantastic for the money and learning on. And even as a mutt project to throw varieties of pickups in.

#8 · (Edited)
#12 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. :)

Newbieguitarmaker, Yamaha told me that I can't order a PAC604W from Japan. So I guess that means one can't order a RGX from Europe in the US either. But you could always ask a dealer. You never know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, dude. :)

I'm going to post pictures of my Ibanez S470IB too. Perhaps tomorrow, if I find the time. So stay tuned... :)

Myst

#14 ·
From what i've read, it seems that it's the newer models people are complaining about. They say they don't have the same quality and feel like the older ones, 012,112 etc. Also, didn't Yahama move operations, which some people say also degraded quality??
This is from reading only, not from personal experience, so correct anything that's not right. :)

#20 ·
it's the bex-bs i almost got the attitude bass but it was sold the day before i could buy it >_< so it's a pinkish top and the bex is still very nice. Also if i can't import an rgx220 over here maybe one of my fellow European jemsiters could get one and send it to me if i actually got that desperate :lol:

#39 · (Edited)
I haven't got a clue. I looked on the internet, but I couldn't find the info. The 420 looks cool. I like the headstock. There's a blue one, which is really cool. I prefer the 220, though. :)

Dudes,
I love yamaha guitars, I have 4 in all. Three electrics and a bass. My Fav model is an old one called and eterna that I think was only avaliable in black.

Myst - how do you host those pictures??? I will put up a picture of my yamahas as two ofthem are HEAVILY modified - I think you will dig it.

Big Job
I use www.photobucket.com. You can upload pics and vids in heartbeat there. I can't wait to see you Yamahas, Big Job! :D

Nice Pac... okay about Yamaha lately... most of their guitars WERE made in their own Taiwan factory. My only non-US or non-Japan guitar is a Taiwanese Pacifica 921 in fact. Nowadays, half their line is made in Indonesia. I don't know about you guys but, I shy away from Indonesian made guitars. They're definitely on the lowest rung of the ladder in build quality and tone. Stick to US, Japan, and Taiwan Yamaha models... you'll be much happier.
In the pic, the 220 looks like a sturdy instrument, though. On the back, on the bottom there is a oval shaped line, in which you see text which says in which factory it's made. The text is different from my nineties Yamaha, which is made in Korea. I'll have to check the guitar out in a shop, and see if it's any good or not. I hope it is, because I am really interested in it! :)

I've just bought one of those 604's and it's awesome!

In fact, I've become VERY fond of the Pacificas. I bought a 521 not long ago too and was suprised to find that it had a beautiful flamed neck and played better than pretty much any other guitar I've had (sounded great too.)
Check this out:

http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~fdam/060709_010849.jpg

I'm gassing one of those soooooo badly at the moment. In fact, if it had 24 frets and brushed chrome hardware it'd be perfect if ever I had a signature model.
What color is your 604W, Ibanez249?

My Yamaha is the finest guitar I played so far too. It's amazing. I'm glad to hear you like the pics, Ibanez249. :) I'll see if I can find any more which are worth posting. I took a lot of them the other day. :)

And that blue one really looks great! Don't know about the humbucker in the neck position, though. I always thought that didn't look so good. :)

Alwin

#35 ·
Dudes,
I love yamaha guitars, I have 4 in all. Three electrics and a bass. My Fav model is an old one called and eterna that I think was only avaliable in black.

Myst - how do you host those pictures??? I will put up a picture of my yamahas as two ofthem are HEAVILY modified - I think you will dig it.

Big Job

#36 ·
Nice Pac... okay about Yamaha lately... most of their guitars WERE made in their own Taiwan factory. My only non-US or non-Japan guitar is a Taiwanese Pacifica 921 in fact. Nowadays, half their line is made in Indonesia. I don't know about you guys but, I shy away from Indonesian made guitars. They're definitely on the lowest rung of the ladder in build quality and tone. Stick to US, Japan, and Taiwan Yamaha models... you'll be much happier.

#37 · (Edited)
I've just bought one of those 604's and it's awesome!

In fact, I've become VERY fond of the Pacificas. I bought a 521 not long ago too and was suprised to find that it had a beautiful flamed neck and played better than pretty much any other guitar I've had (sounded great too.)

I fancied picking up one of the newer 812's, but they quite stiff and the neck is practically the same on the high-end guitars as it is on the low-end guitars. That's not to say the neck is horrible, just that there is no difference when there should be. I tried it at Sounds Great in Manchester and they wanted £350 for it which I baulked at after comparing the quality to my 521. So instead, I found a 412 advertised locally for a fraction of the price which was loaded with DiMarzio's and felt EXACTLY the same as the higher 812 but it just didn't have the fancied flamed top.

I missed out on a seafoam green 604 recently on e-bay because I asked the seller a question earlier on in the auction and he never got back to me (my own golden rule is if they don't reply, don't bid) which was a real shame. EDIT: I actually DID bid sorry, just not up to what I would've under different cirumstances.

There is a 604 on e-bay for £250 (buy it now) right now and anyone fancying one should snap it up. Great guitar, great price.

Anyone that wants to sell any Pacificas should get in touch because I love 'em ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.