Snow White Ultra Relic Strat Lots O' Pics - Jemsite
Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Snow White Ultra Relic Strat Lots O' Pics

Build Thread Here for those who want to see.
The Snow White Heavy Relic Build Thread.. And Here We Go! - Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Everything is pretty much done, but I have to wait about 4-5 days for the paint to harden a bit more to begin detailing it out.. Plays like a dream... Think I am going to order new pickups for her when I got the cash..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Re: Snow White Ultra Relic Strat Lots O' Pics

Backside..

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 01:11 AM

Reviews: 15

Nice work! And the logo is definitely the cherry on top One question, do you plan on aging the hardware to match? i.e. bridge, jackplate, tuners
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

they are aged, one of my biggest pet peeves about 99% of relics Fenders included, is the metal parts look like they were dug up from the titanic, versus real wear. Chrome doesn't age like that.

Take for instance a 56 chevy sitting out in a field for 50+ years the chrome will be cloudy but it wont look like most relic hardware. EVER. It just lightly scratches and oxidizes.

You would have to see it in real life.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 02:17 AM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
they are aged, one of my biggest pet peeves about 99% of relics Fenders included, is the metal parts look like they were dug up from the titanic, versus real wear. Chrome doesn't age like that.

Take for instance a 56 chevy sitting out in a field for 50+ years the chrome will be cloudy but it wont look like most relic hardware. EVER. It just lightly scratches and oxidizes.

You would have to see it in real life.
It might just be the pics playing tricks on my eyes. I looked closer and I can see a little aging on the jackplate, but for whatever reason, in my head, I was expecting a more dull finish like brushed nickel. Keen idea on the paint too (read the strat forum thread)!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 AM

Never understood the relic thing.

Sure a beautiful naturally aged guitar will have its scratches and bruises. The guitar has its personal history and has experienced alot. That is what makes it beautiful.

To take a brand new guitar and artificially make it look like it has been around for ages, is just, hmm fake.

I guess it is the supericial aspect of it that makes me strongly dislike the whole concept

The heavy reliced white color on this guitar also looks suoer fake to me.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 12:26 PM

Cool - I bet it's a fun guitar to play. I think it would take me 400 years to age a guitar to that degree naturally though. Does anyone have an original guitar that looks like that?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinMmmmm View Post
Cool - I bet it's a fun guitar to play. I think it would take me 400 years to age a guitar to that degree naturally though. Does anyone have an original guitar that looks like that?
Maybe if it was in a flood. Very good looking relic!

Tags
fender , relic , strat , stratocaster , vintage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode