Time for a new baby :) - Jemsite
Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Time for a new baby :)

Hello everyone!

Im new to the forums. Anyway, some years have passed and there is some money to spend on a new precious. So heres the deal. Im ready to spend between 600-900 on a "new" guitar. Ive been following ebay like sites for some time now and have picked my favorites. Unfortunately Im not a gear expert so i need your help.

Im looking for a guitar suited for playing rock/funk/hard rock/prog metal/fusion.

I very much like the San Dimas Style 2 (USA). The price is 800 and 900. I know the guitars dont have a volume knob and have heard the floyd goes out of tune fast. Can somebody confirm/deny that?

The second one is an ESP HORIZON custom, built in 91. Price at 750.

The 3rd option is the Ibanez FGM. Either 100 or 400. Dont know what the differences are. The prices ranging between 500-800.

4th option is a Hamer Diablo made in USA, year 93.

And the 5th one is the MANNE TAOS.

Very different guitars, I know. Im just not sure which one to buy. Based on quality only, what would be the guitar of your choice (out of those listed ofcourse ) ?

Thanks,

greets from Slovenija.

P.S. Im sorry I cant post links to the guitars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 05:22 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Time for a new baby :)

The Charvel's do have a volume knob, but no tone knob. The Floyd Rose would not go out of tune fast unless someone has done a terrible job setting it up! I'd go with the San Dimas, those recent Charvels are absolutely brilliant guitars for the money.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 07:41 PM

Re: Time for a new baby :)

If it were me I'd choose between the Charvel and the Hamer. Play them both and then choose - the Charvel necks are very nearly unfinished in feel, and have a compound radius fretboard.

Tags
hamer , manne , san dimas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode