<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 10-26-2002, 11:28 PM

washburn 600s floyd

well im gonna try you guys
ive got a washburn mg40 from a few years back its got one of those washburn 600s double locking floyds this floyd has seen better days and i want to drop a new bridge in
anyone know if there is a bridge i could just drop in it ive checked the gotoh, schaller and original floyds out (although i haven't looked at the floyd 2 and lo pro measurements because i can't find them) and none of them will fit the "wings" on the side are too long

so anybody know?
let me know if you do
Old 10-27-2002, 12:32 AM

The schaller and Floyd 2 are the same size basically. the edge most likely wont fit either Im almost sure of that. Typically if the original floyd wont fit, then its just bastardized. Whats wrong with the washburn trem again? Dull knife edges? Get replacement parts for it would be cheaper, and schaller or original floyd parts should fit correctly, (maybe even edge parts ). Sharpen the knife edges and use the original. Otherwise your looking at routing the body, and refinishing, plus the cost of the new trem, which is gonna put you back ALOT of money
Old 10-27-2002, 01:43 AM

for the most part the bridge is in immaculate condition cept the bar doesn't fit at all and i can't find one that does its a pop in and nothing fits it ive tried em all

im tired of spending 10 bucks on bars that just wharble around in the hole and fall out if i tilt the guitar over

the rest of the guitar is a dream come true i love the neck and the tone just the bridge and so the more i think about it the more i think a couple hundred bucks on a new tremelo is no big deal but i'm not willing to rout and repaint it that just seems way overboard to put in a damn whammy bar
and your right
the original does fit except the bridge is too long
if you will surf here you will see a diagram of the original floyd
http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Hardwa...ydRoseDiag.gif

if youll notice there on the side next to where it says floyd rose that measures 39.5 mm

on my guitar thats about 34 and the rout only allows for it to fit
thats the only measurement that throughs my guitar off for fitting
Old 10-27-2002, 01:54 AM

have you tried changing the whole assembly of the bar or is it attached to the baseplate? seems like I remember seeing a few washburn trems like that. Odd that its that thin. A pic would be more than helpful
Old 10-27-2002, 01:06 AM

i wanted to change the whole bar assembly but its built into the baseplate

i dont know if these help at all but here are pics of the guitar
http://www.angelfire.com/ky3/mark_is.../bluemerc.html
Old 10-27-2002, 02:26 AM

If you were hardcore you could always drill that bar attachment out and then replace it with an edge or floyd 2 bar. Also if you want to change the whole thing you could possible cut it to fit. I would personally leave it as is.
Old 10-27-2002, 09:43 AM

im not that hardcore

i can wire a pickup, setup a guitar, and play a fairly mean solo

ug at leaving it the way it is

to much play in the bar takes away all the fine control and ive had the misfortune of almost taking some poor hottie's eye out who was in the front row when i turned around to do some quick effect pedal stomping-the bar went airborn and right into the front row very embarrasing

at any rate thanks for takin the time to answer

Tags
floyd rose

Show/Hide Posting Rules